Problem with arabic and korean fonts

madhu

Hi.

I'm trying to print arbic and korean. I have taken TTF fonts for both arabic and korean and I have converted into .c files.

While displaying  arbic is printing in reverse order and korean is printing only "?????". But I'm able to print chinese and japanese.

The built-in font engine doesn't support RTL languages (right-to-left) but only LTR (left-to-right). Neither any of us nor the original font engine author knows/speaks any RTL language and therefore we won't be able to implement it ourselves. The chances of getting it right are just way too small.

However, our community member @vahid4134 needed support for RTL languages himself and he ported a 3rdparty font engine which appears to work very well for him. You can find more information here: 

Please let us know whether it worked or not, we are very interesting to see some results on this.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Joel,

Thanks for the support.

Now I'm able to display RTL(only arabic tested) Languages. These are the steps I followed.

1.Downloaded 3rd party arabic fonts (.ttf) and converted to .c by using mcufont.

2.copied .c file to res and included path in userfonts.h file

3.compiled the source and it started working.