Widgets visibility

Rafael Zingler

Hi,

I´m working on a project where I have a console on the main screen. When the user touchs the screen, I draw a virtual keyboard at the same place the console was on the screen, so that the user can type a password. Sometimes, my program stops working, an when this happens, I see the console jumbled with the virtual keyboard on the screen. I´m not controlling the visibility of the widgets so that just one of them is visible. Could that be the problem´s origin (maybe the uGFX library is confused about the existence of two widgets on the same place simultaneously)?

Thanks in advance.

Hello Rafael,

The built-in window manager doesn't support overlapping widgets. There are two ways to tackle this:

1. Implement a custom window manager that handles overlapping/stacked widgets (that's what most customers do that need this, there's an API to do that). Our community member @Steffan dit that as well and he succeeded (see the video below).
  2. Call gwinHide() on the console before the keyboard becomes visible to prevent having two widgets on top of each other

However, I'm not entirely sure whether your crash is caused by this. Usually you'll just see artifacts when widgets are on top of each other.

Here's @Steffan custom window manager in action: