I need help with 256*64 OLED Based on the SSD1322 controller

zaher

Hi,

I have just managed to integrate the library and compile successfully in Keil uVision 5. My OLED LCD is connected through the 4-wire SPI bus, and I can initialize the LCD and send it commands and data without any problem. I referred to the online documentation, driver templates, and have already got familiar with the structure of the library. However, when it comes to the driver of my LCD itself, I just don't understand where to start and what to look at first. I know that the SSD1322 is not supported by uGFX yet, but it seems someone else had successfully written a driver based on the example/template provided for the SSD1306. For me, I don't mind taking the same approach in writing the driver for my SSD1322 OLED, but I would appreciate any input, guidance, you name it, so I can get where I want faster. 

in the drivers/gdisp/SSD1306 folder, there are 5 files. Aside from the header file that provides prototypes for functions and variables used by the driver, SSD1306.h, what the other files do and how to customize/add them to the project? Is there any limit to the LCD size/resolution when using the SSD1322 controller with uGFX? Mine is 256x64. 

By the way, I'm running the bare metal version of the library and I have already enabled the corresponding defines in the gfxconf.h file. 

Thanks in advance!

Zaher

Hi,

Copying the existing SSD1306 driver is definitely the right thing to do. Maybe it would also be a good idea to ask @Andrey_13 to share his working SSD1322 driver.

Explanation of the files in the driver directory:

• SSD1306.h: A file containing helper macros to access registers
  • board_SSD1306_template.h: A template for the board file. The user of the driver needs to copy this file to his project (or board directory) and implement the functions inside. This is documented in the µGFX documentation.
  • driver.mk: The makefile that includes the necessary files and paths in the main µGFX Makefile (it appends to the GFXINC and GFXSRC variables).
  • gdisp_lld_ssd1306.c: The file with the actual driver implementation.
  • gdisp_lld_config.h: Driver specific configuration options
  • readme.txt: A readme file.

Don't hesitate to ask if you have any specific questions.

• 2 weeks later...