New evaluation - not much experience

Herb

Hello - I am wanting to evaluate uGFX library with the least amount of effort as this is a afterthought for a project.

All I have is a 128 x 64 monochrome LCD display that I would like to write some text and maybe draw a simple box or two.

What is the least I need to add to the project in files ( I am very limited on memory already) to get a simple display up and running and what function would I need to write or is called that would write the pixels. There is NO OS but have access to timers etc on micro controller.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

HBer

If you are extremely memory constrained, only want to do a couple of boxes and some text with no OS, ugfx may not be the best choice for you. There are a number of Arduino libraries that directly drive the display that may be better.

uGFX is intended as a full graphics library and windowing system but one that can run on embedded systems. As a graphics library it is probably heavier than you might want.

If however you want to try, the minimum set of modules to turn on is GDISP using the RAW32 or Arduino version of GOS. If you look in the gfxconf.h file you will see all the options that can be turned off and on.

Thanks for your response Inmarket but I do not understand your response ?

If I want to try the minimum set of modules (I assume uGFX) "to turn on is GDISP using the RAW32 or Arduino version of GOS"  not sure what you mean ? and assume the gfxconf.h file contains all the necessary features available to be enabled or disabled ?

Thanks

HBer