Support for ST7789V / ST7789H2 or Equiv.

marcwolf

Hi.
I am looking for support for  this IC  ST7789V / ST7789H2

I will be using them with a round (240 x 204) TFT LCD where I will be manipulating a bitmap in memory and then pushing it out to the LCD. No other manipulation etc needs to be done.

If anyone has any advice then please let me know.    I also know that some driver IC like the SSD1351 can enable a stream of pixels to be sent at once rather than pixel by pixel. This would be really great if the ST7789 etc supports it.
Many thanks
Dave

Hello @marcwolf and welcome to the µGFX-community!

As you have most likely realized there is currently no driver for the ST7789V display controller that comes with µGFX. However, writing a new driver is very easy and there's an entire guide on this in the wiki: https://wiki.ugfx.io/index.php/Display_Driver_Model
There are already plenty of existing display drivers that can be used as examples & references as well.

Alternatively, we can implement the driver for. Please don't hesitate to contact us via e-mail for a quotation.

No matter what kind of interface the ST7789 provides, µGFX will definitely be able to use it - including pixel streaming.