Error: Undefined Reference to 'FsROMVMT'

Sinalco94

Hello,

I have got a question. My Project based on ugfx with ChibiOS runs on an STM32F407VG with the Embest Base Board. I was able to make it run. But now (I didn't changed anything in my Project) it returns an Error when I compile it with ChibiStudio. 

It returns following error:

.build/obj/GFXLIB/src/gfile/gfile.o:(.data+0x0): undefined reference to `FsROMVMT'

I couldn't find anything on google about this error. So maybe someone can help me? 

Another question is about my Linker Options:

arm-none-eabi-gcc -Wl,--defsym=__process_stack_size__=0x0F00 -Wl,--defsym=__main_stack_size__=0x0F00 -Wl,--defsym=__process_stack_size__=0x400 -Wl,--defsym=__main_stack_size__=0x400 -mcpu=cortex-m4 -falign-functions=16 -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -fsingle-precision-constant -nostartfiles -mthumb -T../../chibios26/os/ports/GCC/ARMCMx/STM32F4xx/ld/STM32F407xG.ld -lm .build/obj/fakethumbfile.o -o .build/PowerSupply.elf

The question here is? Why is the process and main stack size declared two times?

I declared it in my make file with 0x0F00, you can see it below

#Makefile für UGFX Embest-STM32-DMSTF4BB

#------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Haupteinstellungen
#

# Einstellungen
	# Unter $(GFXLIB)/tools/gmake_scripts/readme.txt Liste der Variablen
	OPT_OS					= chibios
	OPT_THUMB				= yes
	OPT_LINK_OPTIMIZE		= no
	OPT_CPU					= stm32m4

# uGFX Einstellungen
	# Unter $(GFXLIB)/tools/gmake_scripts/library_ugfx.mk Liste der Variablen
	GFXLIB					= ../../ugfx
	GFXBOARD				= Embest-STM32-DMSTF4BB
	GFXDEMO					= modules/gdisp/basics

# ChibiOS Einstellungen
ifeq ($(OPT_OS),chibios)
	# Unter $(GFXLIB)/tools/gmake_scripts/os_chibios_x.mk Liste der Variablen
	CHIBIOS				= ../../chibios26
	CHIBIOS_VERSION		= 2
	CHIBIOS_BOARD		=
	CHIBIOS_PLATFORM	= STM32F4xx
	CHIBIOS_PORT		= GCC/ARMCMx/STM32F4xx
	CHIBIOS_LDSCRIPT	= STM32F407xG.ld
endif

##############################################################################################
# Weiteres für's Projekt
#

ARCH     = arm-none-eabi-
SRCFLAGS = -ggdb -O2
CFLAGS   =
CXXFLAGS = -fno-rtti
ASFLAGS  =
LDFLAGS  = -Wl,--defsym=__process_stack_size__=0x0F00 -Wl,--defsym=__main_stack_size__=0x0F00
SRC      =
OBJS     =
DEFS     =
LIBS     =
INCPATH  = 
LIBPATH  =
LDSCRIPT =

#------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Includes immer am Ende einbinden
#

include $(GFXLIB)/tools/gmake_scripts/library_ugfx.mk
include $(GFXLIB)/tools/gmake_scripts/os_$(OPT_OS).mk
include $(GFXLIB)/tools/gmake_scripts/compiler_gcc.mk
# *** Ende ***

I would be very happy if anyone can help me :D

Thank you.

Regarding the build error: Did you perform a clean build?

Regarding the linker options: The top-level makefile provided by µGFX that you're using comes with an entire API that is documented in /tools/gmake_scripts/readme.txt. Furthermore, the ChibiOS makefiles that are being included by the top-level one if OPT_OS = chibios feature some more chibios specific options which are also documented:

# See readme.txt for the make API

# Requirements:
#
# CHIBIOS                       The location of the ChibiOS code    eg. CHIBIOS = ../chibios
# CHIBIOS_PLATFORM              The name of the ChibiOS platform    eg. CHIBIOS_PLATFORM = AT91SAM7
# CHIBIOS_PORT                  The name of the ChibiOS port    eg. CHIBIOS_PORT = GCC/ARM/AT91SAM7
#

# Optional:
#
# CHIBIOS_LDSCRIPT              The name of the loader script    eg. CHIBIOS_LDSCRIPT = AT91SAM7X256.ld
# CHIBIOS_BOARD                 The name of the ChibiOS board    eg. CHIBIOS_BOARD = OLIMEX_SAM7_EX256 - if not specified you must include equivalent code yourself
# CHIBIOS_VERSION               Which version of ChibiOS is this (2 or 3) - default is 3
# CHIBIOS_STM32LIB              Use the STM32 library source for drivers instead of native drivers (yes or no) - default no
# CHIBIOS_PROCESS_STACKSIZE     Size of the ChibiOS process stack. Only useful if the link script supports it - default is 0x400
# CHIBIOS_EXCEPTIONS_STACKSIZE  Size of the ChibiOS exceptopms stack. Only useful if the link script supports it - default is 0x400
#

As you can see, there are makefile variables for the stack sizes. You're adding "plain" variables via the LDFLAGS variable. Without remembering the details I'm pretty sure that they are just being appended which would explain the behavior that you're experiencing.
Try using the proper variables documented above.

Ok, Thanks.

I could solve the build Error. I did the build clean before, but that didn't helped. So I did a full chip eraese. That worked.

For the stacksize problem: Do I understand this right that I have to add the options Chibios_process_stacksize and exceptions_stacksize to my makefile and the option 'LDFLAGS' should be empty?

Edited by Sinalco94