Commercial license

besitzeruf

Hi, can please explain more about commercial licenses.  Unlimited devices - does this mean an unlimited number of devices for each device line or model or does it also mean an unlimited number of product families? Thank you.

Edited by besitzeruf

Hello @besitzeruf and welcome to the µGFX community!

The unlimited license allows the license receiver (eg. a company branch or an individual) to use the µGFX library commercially on as many different devices from as many different products/projects as he likes as long as the license receiver is the responsible entity of the product/project. There are no royalty fees and it's a one-time fee.

I hope that answers your question. Please don't hesitate to ask if anything is still unclear.

• 3 years later...
On 27/06/2017 at 06:03, Joel Bodenmann said:

Hello @besitzeruf and welcome to the µGFX community!

The unlimited license allows the license receiver (eg. a company branch or an individual) to use the µGFX library commercially on as many different devices from as many different products/projects as he likes as long as the license receiver is the responsible entity of the product/project. There are no royalty fees and it's a one-time fee.

I hope that answers your question. Please don't hesitate to ask if anything is still unclear.

Is this still true? We have a purchased license couple of years back and want to use uGFX in another of our products. I want to make sure that I understand the licensing before we do that. 

Hello & welcome to the µGFX community!

Yes that is still true. If you purchased an µGFX 2.x unlimited commercial license you can still use any 2.x release without any additional costs. This also applies if it's a new/different project or product as long as the license holder noted on the licensing document is executing the development/sale.