uGFX Atollic True Studio

Muhammet

Hello,

I am new to uGFX. I use STM32F429I Discovery board. The IDE I used is Atollic true studio. I tried to import uGFX library to the existing project which is created by STM32CubeMX. But I failed. I tried to follow your tutorial for eclipse but it did not worked. Do you have tutorial or sugestion for Atollic True Studio?

Thanks,

Muhammet

Hello @Muhammet and welcome to the µGFX community!

We currently don't have a dedicated tutorial for the Atollic True Studio. But if you explain the problems that you're encountering we'll be happy to help you. @cpu20 is very good with IDEs and build environments. I'm sure that he'll be able to help you getting everything up and running in no time :) 

Hello @Joel Bodenmann,

True Studio is an eclipse based IDE. So I followed your eclipse tutorial. Let me explain what I did from the beginning.

1) STM32CubeMX - open project for STM32F429I Discovery board
2) STM32CubeMX - Generate Code for Atollic True Studio
3) Extract ugfx_2.7 into a folder
4) True Studio - Import uGFX folder File System project/ugfx
5) "Properties -> C/C++ General -> Paths and Symbols -> Includes" Add project/ugfx (Languages GNU C)
6) "Properties -> C/C++ General -> Paths and Symbols -> Includes" Add project/ugfx (Languages S,s,asm)
7) "Properties -> C/C++ General -> Paths and Symbols -> Source Location" Add Folder project/ugfx
8) Edit Filter exclude all except gfx_mk.c
9) gfxconf.example.h is copied into project/inc renamed as gfxconf.h and GFX_USE_OS_RAW32 is set to TRUE
10) Copy gfxSystemTicks(void) gfxMillisecondsToTicks(delaytime_t ms) Raw32OSInit(void) function into main.c
11) add #include "gfx.h" to main.c add gfxInit(); to main.c

Finally, I build the project successfully. But, I need to add display driver.  As I see, I need "board_STM32LTDC.h" . Besides, You also have demo projects that run on the board I used. So, I could not find the file "board_STM32LTDC.h" that you used in demo projects. I need your help while including display drivers.

Thanks,

Muhammet

Hello again,

I tried to use the file in the directory "boards/base/STM32F429i-Discovery/", but I get the "ch.h" not found error. I guess "ch.h" is related with chibiOS. Thus, I need your help while including display drivers.

- As the project build successfully your project is probably set up correctly.

- This board currently only has board files using ChibiOS. This means that if you want to go BareMetal (no underlying RTOS) you will have to write the board files yourself.

- If you are planning to use ChibiOS you will have to use the MakeFile approach as it is the only viable option to get ChibiOS working in an Eclipse-like environment. There is project available in the downloads section that can easily be imported in Eclipse to get started with this approach:

- Going BareMetal means you will have to rewrite the board files using the HAL-libraries or self written libraries. Once they are written you should put them in the include folder of your project.
You also need to add the STM32LTDC and STMPE811 driver to the includes and source location of your project. The procedure of including the drivers is described in the Eclipse guide.

- The demo in the applications folder can be used by copying all the .c files in your source folder and all the .h files in your include folder. Or if you are using a MakeFile you can just point the GFXDEMO variable to the demo location and it will be included for you.
But it is important that you first get a basic program running printing some text on the display or something before playing with the demos.