keyboard + display bug

ronan_rt

I have had a close look at the video. Sorry it took so long - the large video created issues for me.

This looks like a memory allocation or a memory overwrite issue. What platform (operating system) are you running and if you are using raw32 or something similar how much heap have you allocated and how close to that limit might you be?

Can you please also do up a small test program (the smaller the better) and a set of keystrokes that will lead to the problem. This way we can attempt to debug what is going on.

I have run some tests myself and have been unable to replicate the symptoms.

Some things for you to try:

1. Run the demos/modules/gwin/textedit_virtual_keyboard demo. Let us know if that works. Set your heap size to something like 4096 for this demo.
  2. Check that you are running the latest master version from the repository. There are some raw32 allocator improvements since the last stable release.
  3. It may be that you have made your heap too big and it is overwriting your primary thread stack. Try reducing your heap size at least for testing this problem - it can always be increased later when everything is working.
  4. It is possible something else is overwriting the textedit control memory. Strip back other code until the problem goes away.

Let me know how you go.

Ill try to do it all, thanks.

About the item number 3. , If I lower the heap, some widget does not appear in my screen. I thought it was my firmware, than after running some tests, I discovered that if I type the wrong Heap, some widget doesnt show.

Is that correct?

For the purpose of the test temporarily removing (commenting out) other widgets is actually a good idea.

What you are trying to do is remove as many other factors as possible to get to the source of the problem.

The symptoms in this case smell of overwriting your stack space, failing a memory allocation and not testing the result, or something similar. There are really only two ways to find these sorts of problems... 1. Simplify, simplify, simplify until it works, or 2. Debug until you see the problem and then figure out why.

Other things that make me think it is a stack overwrite or out-of-memory condition is your comment earlier that you have increased the heap to the absolute maximum, and the comment that if you reduce the heap size some widgets don't show.

The previous posts steps were diagnostics to try and identify these types of problems.