How to assemble ugfx to TrueSTUDIO project

hungfupao

• 3 weeks later...

I am using Atmel Studio 7 with a Cortex M7 @300mhz. Trying to compile bare metal, read the wiki. Looked at references, set the correct symbols. I used the .c file method and the makefile method with no success. This package is not quite ready for commercial compilers unless you are a programming genius. I am not. I got the compiler errors down to a hand full. Undefined references. If there is any success I will update here. You might want to try uGUI. Much simpler to implement.

Edited by trevieze

Or you might just want to create a new forum topic, post the errors you're encountering and ask the questions you're having and we're happy to help you wherever we can.

Stating that µGFX "is not ready for commercial compilers" is compilers is completely false and an immature comment. It's being used by hundreds of companies and even more hobbyists and educational institutions. If you are having difficulties the forum is always there to help. But just creating an account to make such a statement is silly. Have a look at other forum topics to see how it's done - we simply can't help you if you don't ask any questions. We're also thankful for any feedback to improve documentation where needed. I assure you that the µGFX library is being crafted very carefully to work with every possible environment and platform. That is what might make it look complex for beginners but that is what this forum is here for. So far we have never encountered a case where somebody couldn't get µGFX up and running - provided that he actually asks questions and informs us about the difficulties he's having.

Note that uGUI is nothing like uGFX. uGUI is composed on one c file and one h file so of course it is easier to include into a project than uGFX which contains hundreds. The resultant capabilities however also match that. It simply can't do a fraction of what uGFX can do.