screen rotation

viji s

Hi ,

I am a newborn to ugfx . My basic applicaton is running but, I hav problem in rotation.  I have integrated the framebuffer for display with f5x06(driver) for touch.  when I use the gdispgetorientation() call for rotation  my  display page gets croped and it is quite a bit corrupted.  I have tried all the possibility but not able to fix this. Could, you please help me out with this.

Disp size (480 *272)

Thanks and regards

Hello @viji s,

We're happy to help you resolving this issue but we require a bit more information to do so.
When I understand you correctly you're using the existing framebuffer driver, is that correct? Are you using pre-made board files for a known target/hardware or did you write your own board files? -> What hardware are you using?

Additionally, pictures that show the problem would be very helpful. The framebuffer driver handles rotation internally by simply modifying the pixel address mapping and therefore there really shouldn't be any issues. However, bugs are always possible. A couple of pictures would be very helpful for us to see what is going on.

Hello Joel,

Thanks for your fast response, Yes, you are right I am using the existing framebuffer driver.My target hardware is  atmel-samad3 , The board file has  already been provided.   additionaly, to notify I am using RAW32(bare metal).

thanks and regards

Hello Joel,

I have one more issue.  I am using f5x06 touch driver . The x,y coordinates values( in read_xyz function )  are always the same whenever the read_xyz() function gets called even though, my touch locations are different. Could, you please help me diagnose the problem simultaneously.  

thanks and regards

All of these things sound like issues in the board files that you're using. As the library doesn't come with board files for that setup I guess you're using some 3rd-party board file, is that correct?

We need to see your board files as well as images that show the problem in order to further help you with this. Please attach these things to your next forum post.