STM32F429i-Discovery combo example does not compile

alex31

Hello.

I had managed to compile and use  STM32F429i-Discovery with GFXDEMO  = applications/combo last year with chibios 2.6 (as a start for giving a for student project).

This year, we have made the transition to chibios 3.x, so i did compile with success STM32F429i-Discovery with GFXDEMO  =  modules/gdisp/basics, but when i try with GFXDEMO  = applications/combo,  compilation fail.

I use chibios svn version stable 16.1.5, and gfx 2.6 up2date from master git.

The error come when compiling drivers/ginput/touch/STMPE811/gmouse_lld_STMPE811.c :

../../../uGFX//boards/base/STM32F429i-Discovery/gmouse_lld_STMPE811_board.h:42:14: error: unknown type name 'I2CConfig'
 static const I2CConfig i2ccfg = {
              ^
../../../uGFX//boards/base/STM32F429i-Discovery/gmouse_lld_STMPE811_board.h:43:2: error: 'OPMODE_I2C' undeclared here (not in a function)
  OPMODE_I2C,

tons of errors following ...

So it seems that when it compiles gmouse_lld_STMPE811.c, for an unknown reason, it has forgotten all the symbols from chibios header.

Any clue about that ?

Thanks

Alexandre

Ok, my stupid fault : i didn't enable I2C3 in mcuconf.h and I2C in halconf.h

remains an error : mouse_lld_STMPE811_board.h use PAL_STM32_PUDR_FLOATING macro which was valid in chibios 2.6 but  which is not defined anymore in chibios 3.X (and there is no replacement from chibios header, so i guess it as to be declared in GFX source)

Alexandre

Hello Alex,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience. The proper way of handling this is creating separate board files for ChibiOS 2.x and ChibiOS 3.x.
If you can share your working board files with us we'd be happy to include them as part of the repository.

I hope that your students will enjoy working with µGFX :)