Problem with compilation

Dmytro

Hi all,

I want to compile uGFX with SSD1289 display drivers. I have board Land-Tiger with LPC1768 controller. For supporting this board I added folder to board/base/ directori (was copyed from existing). Then I added in my general Makefile: gfx.mk ($(GFXLIB)/gfx.mk) and board.mk ($(GFXLIB)/boards/base/Land-Tiger-LPC1768-LCD/board.mk). Without board.mk all compile fine and linked in *.hex file. But with board.mk I had the next output from linker:

/mnt/Project_X/obj//mnt/Project_X/ugfx/src/gdisp/gdisp.o: In function `fillarea':
gdisp.c:(.text.fillarea+0x16): undefined reference to `gdisp_lld_write_stop'
gdisp.c:(.text.fillarea+0x3c): undefined reference to `gdisp_lld_write_start'
gdisp.c:(.text.fillarea+0x42): undefined reference to `gdisp_lld_write_pos'
gdisp.c:(.text.fillarea+0x4a): undefined reference to `gdisp_lld_write_color'
gdisp.c:(.text.fillarea+0x5e): undefined reference to `gdisp_lld_write_stop'
/mnt/Project_X/obj//mnt/Project_X/ugfx/src/gdisp/gdisp.o: In function `_gdispInit':
gdisp.c:(.text._gdispInit+0x32): undefined reference to `gdisp_lld_init'
/mnt/Project_X/obj//mnt/Project_X/ugfx/src/gdisp/gdisp.o: In function `gdispGClear':
gdisp.c:(.text.gdispGClear+0x46): undefined reference to `gdisp_lld_write_start'
gdisp.c:(.text.gdispGClear+0x4c): undefined reference to `gdisp_lld_write_pos'
gdisp.c:(.text.gdispGClear+0x54): undefined reference to `gdisp_lld_write_color'
gdisp.c:(.text.gdispGClear+0x68): undefined reference to `gdisp_lld_write_stop'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

Looks like that file ugfx/drivers/gdisp/SSD1289/gdisp_lld_SSD1289.c does not compile. I expressly did mistake in code - and did not receive any errors.

Hey Dmytro, nice to hear from you again :)

The SSD1289 driver appears to build correctly with all my boards here. Can you please show your complete board.mk? I assume that you don't include the driver code correctly.

Your board.mk should look like this:

GFXINC += $(GFXLIB)/boards/base/Land-Tiger-LPC1768-LCD
GFXSRC +=
GFXDEFS += -DGFX_USE_CHIBIOS=TRUE

include $(GFXLIB)/boards/base/Land-Tiger-LPC1768-LCD/chibios_board/board.mk # This is optional, remove if unneeded.
include $(GFXLIB)/drivers/gdisp/SSD1289/gdisp_lld.mk
include $(GFXLIB)/drivers/ginput/touch/ADS7843/ginput_lld.mk

You can zip and attach the whole board directory and I'll have a look at it.

~ Tectu

Hi, I was a little surprised, becouse it is my first post on this forum. But it is very nice for such a warm welcome.

So, as for the problem. Now I am trying use only display, without touchscreen. Also I use FreeRTOS instead Chibi and CMSIS for low level hardware manipulations. This is my board.mk:

GFXINC  += $(GFXLIB)/boards/base/Land-Tiger-LPC1768-LCD
GFXSRC +=

include $(GFXLIB)/drivers/gdisp/SSD1289/gdisp_lld.mk
#include $(GFXLIB)/drivers/ginput/touch/ADS7843/ginput_lld.mk

Also I attached .zip file with board directory, as you want. I hope this is help for you to help me :) .

base.zip

I will take a look at this in a few hours. I am currently on the road.

Are you using the current FreeRTOS branch? Make sure you merge it to the master first, it hasn't been synced for quite a while. Talking about this: I am reworking the FreeRTOS port right now. It is very dirty and incomplete. However, as our website states we are searching for testers. We'd be very thankful if you could help us getting this port ready so FreeRTOS can be officially supported by the 2.1 release which should come up in a few weeks.

~ Tectu

I took a look and I couldn't find any obvious error so far. I assume that you have some build issue. Are you sure that you properly include everything into your projects Makefile? I know that you're not using ChibiOS/RT but you can still take a look here to see which parts are uGFX relevant. They have been hilighted. Don't forget to include GFXSRC and GFXINC.

Can you please attach your entire Makfile (or even the entire project) and the compiler output log?

Hint: Somebody just pull requested fixes to the FreeRTOS port :)

~ Tectu

Hello Dmytro,

Beside the leading dashes in line 26 and 27 I cannot find any issue in your Makefile so far.

I just synced the FreeRTOS to the current master branch and then tried to rebuild my SSD1289 project and everything works just fine. As you might be on the old FreeRTOS branch, could you please pull the latest one?

I tried it with ChibiOS/RT instead of FreeRTOS but I am pretty sure the GOS port is not the problem here.

~ Tectu

Hello Tectu,

I have good news - I have compiled this!

The problem was in my root makefile. I don't know why, but when I had been collecting source files from directories - file from SSD1289 directory was not included to my $(SOURCES) variable.

So, I changed from this:

SOURCES = $(wildcard $(CMSIS_BOOT_DIR)/*.c)
SOURCES+= $(wildcard $(CMSIS_CORE_DIR)/*.c)
SOURCES+= $(wildcard $(CMSIS_LIB_SRC)/*.c)
SOURCES+= $(wildcard $(CORE_SRC)/*.c)
[color=#FFFF00]SOURCES+= $(wildcard $(GFXSRC)/*.c)[/color]
SOURCES+= $(wildcard $(CURRENT_DIR)/*.c)

to this:

SOURCES = $(wildcard $(CMSIS_BOOT_DIR)/*.c)
SOURCES+= $(wildcard $(CMSIS_CORE_DIR)/*.c)
SOURCES+= $(wildcard $(CMSIS_LIB_SRC)/*.c)
SOURCES+= $(wildcard $(CORE_SRC)/*.c)
[color=#FFFF00]SOURCES+= $(GFXSRC)[/color]
SOURCES+= $(wildcard $(CURRENT_DIR)/*.c)

Also I had issue with TRUE/FALSE defines - as I am using CMSIS library - these constants defined there. So I temporary had included header file with type definitions from CMSIS to the gfx.h file.

I did not try if it works on my board, only compiled. But it good start, I think :)

I'm glad to hear that you got it compiled!

I plan to release the uGFX version 2.1 this weekend and the FreeRTOS will be reworked and merged into the master branch by then. I hope you can enjoy a full FreeRTOS support by next week :-)

About the True/False problem: Can you please track it down and make sure that it is caused by uGFX? Because in the current FreeRTOS port we do not define TRUE and FALSE as those definitions are already provided by FreeRTOS itself.

~ Tectu

In freeRTOS these definitions are named as pdTRUE and pdFALSE (projdefs.h, version 8.0.0). uGFX theoretically can have problem with CMSIS (library for lowlevel hardware manipulations for NXP MCU's). There are declared enumeration (in file lpc_types.h):

typedef enum {FALSE = 0, TRUE = !FALSE} Bool;

So, if this code will compile after uGFX - it can lead to errors, I think.

Thank youfor your research.

How do you suggest to solve this problem? So far I've only seen #defines for the TRUE and FALSE values. This way it was fairly easy to avoid colisions using #ifndef within our own implementations. But an enumeration seems to put up some issues... :|

~ Tectu