Eclipse Project Example

arnonh

I am really having a tough time moving from the makefile system to System Workbench for STM32 (Based on Eclipse)

i have created an new project with external makefile in SW4STM32

i have the STM32F746G-Discovery and i have managed to compile successfully in SW4STM32 but i still see a lot of error(even thou its compiling ok)

probably my project is just not configured properly

did anyone managed working with Eclipse (Or SW4STM32)with STM32 Cube HAL and care to maybe share share his base project files?

Edited by arnonh

Hello @arnonh and welcome to the community!

As @chrisjn52 mentioned it would be useful to see some compiler output log and/or screenshots of your setup.
There is a step-by-step guide on how to using the µGFX library with ChibiStudio which is Eclipse based. That guide uses the makefile system as well. Did you have a look at that? ---> https://wiki.ugfx.io/index.php/Using_ChibiStudio

@Joel BodenmannFirst let me thank you for an out standing project i have been looking at it for years and the progress looks amazing

The thing is the project compiles OK and works but i still see red X's all over the place

I did try with the ChibiStudio but i am using the stm32f7 and as i understood from other threads in the forum it is not supported in chibios

is it possible to use ChibiStudio with stm32 HAL ?

By the way here is the screenshot

Capture.PNG

14 minutes ago, arnonh said:

First let me thank you for an out standing project i have been looking at it for years and the progress looks amazing

Thank you very much for your good words, we appreciate it a lot! µGFX has definitely grown far behind of what I ever imagined back when I published it first on the ChibiOS forum as a ChibiOS-only extension. Working together with @inmarket who joined the project later on has been nothing but a real pleasure. Seeing an active community building around the project is one of the main sources of motivations for us.

The thing is the project compiles OK and works but i still see red X's all over the place

Judging from the screenshot it doesn't compile. You get a lot of errors. Are you sure that the compilation succeeds?
One thing to note is that you shouldn't trust the syntax highlighter of IDEs once you start working with uGFX. The build system of uGFX is very complex. We haven't seen a single IDE so far that was able to handle everything correctly. Due to trying to optimize everything as good as possible we rely heavily on pre-processor magic and conditional compilation/linking. Many macros/defines get modified by the pre-processor during compilation - which makes it impossible for the IDE to show you the correct highlighting and error reporting.

I did try with the ChibiStudio but i am using the stm32f7 and as i understood from other threads in the forum it is not supported in chibios

That was the case at least over a year ago when we first build the support for the STM32F746G-Discovery board. Most certainly ChibiOS will have support for the F7 by now. However, due to the heavy workload we are experiencing at the moment we didn't have time to check ourselves. If you could give it a go that would be nice. Ideally we would add a ChibiOS + µGFX demo for the STM32F746G-Discovery to the example projects download section.

is it possible to use ChibiStudio with stm32 HAL ?

When I remember correctly that was possible back with ChibiOS 2.x. I guess it is even a lot easier now where ChibiOS got split up into the OS and the HAL modules. I'd recommend you to check with the people on the ChibiOS forum.

In that case there is not much you can do other than simply ignoring or turning them off as per the explanation in my previous post.

I'm glad to hear that you got it working though! We would love to hear & see more about your project in the User Projects section :) It's always interesting to see what people build with µGFX.