uGFX on AVR-based Arduinos ?

Muhammad Hussein Tavakoli

Hello everybody!
Is it possible to use uGFX on AVR-based Arduinos? I have seen the example for teensy 3,1 board but that's a ARM-based Arduino board and I've seen in the documentations that uGFX needs a uOS to run and as I know, AVR 8bit microcontrollers doesn't support uOS's . 

So anybody can inform me?

Thank you so much !

Hello and welcome to the community!

It is definitely possible to run µGFX on an 8-bit AVR microcontroller. I have a friend who successfully ran it on an ATmega with an ILI9341 SPI display. Furthermore, I think that @inmarket also used it on some Arduino system based on an AVR microcontroller.
However, while it is certainly possible to run µGFX on such a platform it really isn't recommended. We recommend to use at least a 16-bit platform.

No changes are necessary. The arduino port was actually initially developed using an 8 bit avr chip. Look carefully at the arduino board examples and the wiki and forum for more arduino info.

Start by only turning on the gdisp module. Don't get too ambitious too early. Once you have that working then turn on additional stuff. A good place to start is with the demos/modules/gdisp/basics demo.

The 8 bit avr's have limited ram and rom so keep an eye on the resource usage.