ILI9325C over SPI

jarekl

I have a display with the ILI9325C controller that I would like to use but I need to access it over the SPI interface.

It seems similar enough to the ILI9325 (some register values differ) so that part of the driver maybe already works

but SPI doesn't.

Question then, how much of an effort is it to add SPI to this driver? Which files should I start to look into to

make this happen?

The interface is abstracted inside the board file. They are named as board_XXX.h where XXX is the controller type and they can be found in the /boards directories. You can take a look at some of the existing SPI board files to see how it could or should be done (They are currently all ChibiOS/RT only). Assuming you're familiar with SPI, it shouldn't take too much effort.

Feel free to ask any questions should you face problems.

~ Tectu

Hi, I probably have the same display. HY28B.

It turns out that out of 3 that I bought, 2 have the ILI9325 and one appears to have an ILI9328.

It seems that both use the same initialization routine.

I have come up with the following driver files based on some existing drivers and samples from the supplier.

Nice work.

Looking at the repository we now seem to have 3 drivers that handle the ILI93xx range...

• The repository ILI9320 driver (which also seems to handle 9325's)
  • The repository ILI9325 driver (based on chinese code?)
  • Your driver.

As I do not have one of these particular displays, could you please have a look at the 3 drivers and see if it is possible to easily integrate them into a single driver or at least tell me which is the best so that I can remove the duplicates from the repository.

Also, what board was your board file for? I will then add it to the appropriate directory in the repository.

Many thanks for your contribution.

I tested this driver with the stm32f4 discovery board as well as the STM3241G EVAL board.

The former with the HY28C display with either a 9325 or 9328 chip and the latter with it's mounted LCD which reports a 9325 chip.

I haven't done extensive testing and I don't think I would comfortable saying that one of the drivers is better than the others.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi, I probably have the same display. HY28B.

It turns out that out of 3 that I bought, 2 have the ILI9325 and one appears to have an ILI9328.

It seems that both use the same initialization routine.

I have come up with the following driver files based on some existing drivers and samples from the supplier.

[attachment=0]ILI9325.zip[/attachment]

I hope they work for you as well.

How do you know which driver is used? The only information I have is from one web page that claims the driver is ILI9325C.