uGFX on a PIC32MX

pic32freak

Is there someone who did a project on a board equipped with a PIC32MX using uGFX?

I can imagine I have to make a board-specific driver, but will the generated source by Studio uGFX compile without significant problems (using MPLAB-X and XC32-g++)?

If you have tried and failed, then I know my effort will be wasted.

Still hoping the code is processor-independant...except for some (minor) language-differences.

Please share your experiance!

Yes, i believe that someone has used a pic32 chip and had it working.

I dont know what changes were made if any. UGFX is designed to be cross compiling compatible with many cpus and many different compilers. We have even had someone who has had uGFX running on an 8 bit micro.

Searching the forums may help you find related content.

We have community members as well as industrial commercial customers who are successfully running µGFX on a PIC32 platform. You should be able to run µGFX on a PIC32 without any modifications. The code generated by the µGFX-Studio is 100% portable. If you have a working base-project that run µGFX on your hardware you will be able to just copy-paste the files generated by the µGFX-Studio to your project and it should just work. The studio doesn't generate any platform or system dependent code.

I just remembered that we have also seen somebody running it on a PIC24.

You should definitely be able to get this running without any modifications at all. It always takes some time until the first build works as integrating the library can be somewhat cumbersome for someone who doesn't know it well but that is where the documentation comes in and we are happy to answer any question we can.

I thank you both for your replies.

Did not find the answer on the forum yet, but now I can proceed in the uGFX-direction (THANKS JOEL and others).

I will publish my developments at writing a 'low-level' board driver (in my case a Picadillo 35T from 4D-systems), but consider this:

I always programmed in assembly at the 8051 etc, now started with microchip PIC in C and at the moment I am looking at the C++ language.

So it will take some time before I can show something, and maybe it will not be written like as pro's do, but I will defintily try my best.

Looking at the forum's replies. I am not alone in this world!

Regards to all