Project widgets local to project

Sting

I have some widgets I want to build that are custom for my application and not something anyone else would want to use.  I created a directory in my project to put the widgets in and the files compile and the object files is added to the linker.  I get messages that it can't find the functions defined in the object file.

/home/ray/Eclipse/XUGfx/Debug/../main.c:117: undefined reference to `gwinGClockCreate'
/home/ray/Eclipse/XUGfx/Debug/../main.c:118: undefined reference to `gwinClockSetBorder'

I know it is getting somethings correst as it can't find gwinGClockCreate and main calls gwinClockCreate.

Any help would be appreciated.  If there is a better way to handle this situation I would be happy to hear.

It is possible (and recommended!) to have all your custom widgets in your project directory rather than inside the library directory. In fact, you never ever want to modify any code inside the library as updating becomes problematic.

There's not much we can tell without a test-case that we can reproduce. My guess is that you forgot to add the source file of your widget to the files list in the makefile (or whatever you are using).

I understand development issues.  The problem is, like many things with this project it doesn't seem to work correctly in my environment and I need to figure out how to make it work.  Something is clearly wrong because the object file shows up in the linker output line and it still can't find the entries.

arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++ -L/usr/local/arm/ugfx_2.5/lib -L/usr/local/arm/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libc/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf -o "XUGfx"  ./widget/gwin_clock.o 

Anyway, enough of that.  What version of Eclipse do people use?  I hate being the odd person out here and need to find a better way to use this awesome tool.

Solved that problem, :(  I forgot to add the #define BREW_NEED_THERMO right after I took the commented #if BREW_NEED_THERMO.  In my private widgets I probably don't need this but it makes it more consistent with the widgets I will use.  Argh, so much to learn.