gdispFillArea() trouble with ED060SC4

Arvind

Hello,

I am trying to interface my LB060X01-RD01 eink display with an STM32L152 processor and was successfully able to use the existing driver for ED060SC4 to display content on the display. Here, I am able to successfully displays strings and other graphics on the display, however I am facing issues on using the function: gdispFillArea();
This function works for smaller values of cx and cy, however when large values are used like cx=100 and cy=100, the program resets.
For example:

gdispFillArea(6, 64, 50 , 100, 1); will successfully fill the area of the eink display with white.
But, gdispFillArea(6, 64, 60 , 100, 1); will result in the program resetting itself.

In brief, whenever the values of cx and cy are higher than a particular limit, the program resets. What maybe causing this, or how can I find a solution? Thank you.

As we mentioned in your previous topic to this problem, the author of the driver told us that it's possible to that there is a small bug in the buffer block allocation/management code. We can't debug this because we don't have the required hardware/setup. The driver has been contributed by a community member.
All we can do for you is assuring that it is an issue in the driver itself because the high-level part of the code is very well tested and no known issues exist. You will have to fire up your debugger and dive into this, sorry. At least you know where the problem is. We are very sure that the problem is solely in the driver code (gdisp_lld_ED060SC4.c).

Link to previous topic: