widgets not rendering

manokarthik

hi ,

i have created a demo project with image box , buttons and label. when i run it on my atmelsamad3 xplained board attached with Himax display(HX8257) only the image is rendering other widgets are not appearing. i am using RAW32 (baremetal) and the studio version 0.15, the code that i am porting is the auto generated code from studio.  my system OS is ubuntu 14.04. suggest me some ways to overcome this issue. thanks in advance.

mano

Edited by manokarthik

Do the other widgets show up when you run the preview in the µGFX-Studio?

Assuming that your system is not crashing, the most likely issue is that you ran out of stack. When there's not enough memory on the heap, the gwinXxxCreate() functions will return null-pointers. More information about memory management can be found here: http://wiki.ugfx.org/index.php/BareMetal

Also note that it is possible to use everything with static memory: http://wiki.ugfx.org/index.php/Widgets#Widget_creation

• 2 weeks later...

hi,

i have checked using everything with static memory and gwinXXXcreate() is not returning any null values. still widgets rendering is not happening.

i have used a demo application to display in ugfx library which is in location"/ugfx_library1/demos/modules/gwin/container". then the button widget is coming up but the font is not appearing in the button and if i add another button to that application with parent as container that is not rendering.

if i comment out the first button in the code then the second button with its location is rendering ..........

please suggest me a way to overcome this issue.....thanks in advance

mano

main.c

Can you please start by compiling and testing the demos/modules/gdisp/basics demo as this tests basic drawing. If that works you know the problem is likely to be in your application code. If it doesn't work the problem is likely to be related to your hardware and the display driver.

If that is the problem, driver issues can happen for a number of reasons.

1/ Sometimes chips are not what they say they are.

2/ Sometimes different revisions of chips will behave differently

3/ Sometimes the panel itself can mandate changes to the initialisation sequence.

4/ Sometimes problems occur due to problems in the board file (which interfaces the driver to the phyical bus used)

Before getting too far with any new hardware it is important to do the basic tests to make sure the hardware and drivers are working as expected.

hi,

i have compiled and tested the specified demo, it is working .

the application that i am using is the demo project created in studio and generated code from it. is there any thing that i should add in main.c code. all i am puting in my application is a container with 2 buttons. where only the first initialized button is rendering without font and the next button is not displaying at all. please help

thanks,

mano

Edited by manokarthik

Hi,

Sorry that you have to wait so long. We are currently putting all our time into developing the next version of the µGFX-Studio and handling support requests. We are maintaining this community forum in our spare time. If this is time critical, please consider submitting a support ticket to the Technical Support department where your issue will be handled as quickly as possible.

Other than that I can try to make some time to have a look at this tonight or tomorrow evening. For that, please upload a ZIP archive of an entire µGFX-Studio project that allows us to reproduce the problem.

hi,

this is the demo project that i am trying on my display.please check

On 6/7/2016 at 13:05, manokarthik said:

hi ,

i have created a demo project with image box , buttons and label. when i run it on my atmelsamad3 xplained board attached with Himax display(HX8257) only the image is rendering other widgets are not appearing. i am using RAW32 (baremetal) and the studio version 0.15, the code that i am porting is the auto generated code from studio.  my system OS is ubuntu 14.04. suggest me some ways to overcome this issue. thanks in advance.

mano

thanks,

mano

scr_demo.tar.gz

• 1 month later...
On 25/7/2016 at 19:05, Joel Bodenmann said:

Hi,

Sorry that you have to wait so long. We are currently putting all our time into developing the next version of the µGFX-Studio and handling support requests. We are maintaining this community forum in our spare time. If this is time critical, please consider submitting a support ticket to the Technical Support department where your issue will be handled as quickly as possible.

Other than that I can try to make some time to have a look at this tonight or tomorrow evening. For that, please upload a ZIP archive of an entire µGFX-Studio project that allows us to reproduce the problem.

Hi,

How do i get a support ticket to the Technical Support?????

how much will it cost??????

Hello Mano,

19 hours ago, manokarthik said:

How do i get a support ticket to the Technical Support?????

how much will it cost??????

You can get a single support ticket for the price of (currently) 25 USD. You can access the support system by clicking on "Support" in the top bar on this site. Those single one-time support tickets are there to get any kind of question(s) answered as quickly and as extensively as possible. All questions will be answered within 24 hours guaranteed on week days.

If you are interested in more extensive support (for example: writing code, reviewing code, fixing mission critical bugs, adding new features, ...) we offer a per-hour support which you can either purchase as individual hours or blocks (eg. a pack of 10 hours worth of support). Please don't hesitate to contact us directly to get a quote on a support package that fits your needs.
The initial response time on any support inquiries is guaranteed to be less than 24 hours on business days. It's needles to say that everything will be handled with the highest priority and as extensively as possible.
Support is available through either the support ticket system on this website, e-mail or Skype & Phone calls (scheduled).

18 hours ago, manokarthik said:

what is difference between getting assistance by Technical support and licence for 1 device in store ????

The technical support is for answering questions and so on as explained above. The license is a commercial license that allows you to use the µGFX library for a commercial application/device/product. µGFX is only free for home, hobby & educational purposes as well as open source projects.
You can either purchase a per-device license or an unlimited license which doesn't put any restrictions on the quantity of devices.