error #define FALSE 0

remon

Hi,

I'm trying to compile uGFX on a NXP Cortex M0+ microcontroller using freeRTOS, however when compiling I get the following error:

Building file: ../src/gwin/gwin.c
Invoking: MCU C Compiler
arm-none-eabi-gcc -DDEBUG -D__CODE_RED -DCORE_M0PLUS -D__MTB_BUFFER_SIZE=256 -D__USE_ROMDIVIDE -D__USE_LPCOPEN -D__LPC11U6X__ -D__REDLIB__ -I"/home/remon/Repositories/Heisenberg/firmware/heisenberg_v2/lpc_board_nxp_lpcxpresso_11u68/inc" -I"/home/remon/Repositories/Heisenberg/firmware/heisenberg_v2/freertos/inc" -I"/home/remon/Repositories/Heisenberg/firmware/heisenberg_v2/lpc_chip_11u6x/inc" -O0 -fno-common -g3 -Wall -c -fmessage-length=0 -fno-builtin -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -mcpu=cortex-m0 -mthumb -specs=redlib.specs -MMD -MP -MF"src/gwin/gwin.d" -MT"src/gwin/gwin.o" -MT"src/gwin/gwin.d" -o "src/gwin/gwin.o" "../src/gwin/gwin.c"
In file included from ../src/gwin/gwin.c:13:0:
../src/gwin/../../gfx.h:31:22: error: expected identifier before numeric constant
  #define FALSE       0
                      ^
/home/remon/Repositories/Heisenberg/firmware/heisenberg_v2/lpc_chip_11u6x/inc/lpc_types.h:50:15: note: in expansion of macro 'FALSE'
 typedef enum {FALSE = 0, TRUE = !FALSE} Bool;
               ^
make: *** [src/gwin/subdir.mk:80: src/gwin/gwin.o] Error 1

There seems to be an conflict between the FALSE define in the uGFX and the chip library, Any thoughts on how to solve this?

Kind regards,

Remon

This might be an issue with the inclusion order. µGFX only defines TRUE and FALSE if they haven't been defined so far. Snipped from gfx.h:

/**
 * @brief   Generic 'false' boolean constant.
 */
#if !defined(FALSE) || defined(__DOXYGEN__)
	#define FALSE       0
#endif

/**
 * @brief   Generic 'true' boolean constant.
 */
#if !defined(TRUE) || defined(__DOXYGEN__)
	#define TRUE        -1
#endif

You might/should include the "base system" before the uGFX stuff in your build tree.

Issues like this won't happen in the future anymore. µGFX 3.0 will use prefixes for all types and definitions to avoid collisions like this.