Inquiry and Updates on ugfx Studio

cheater

Dear ugfx Team,

I hope this message finds you well. It's been a few years, almost a decade, since I initially worked on developing a speedometer for an electric vehicle, drawing inspiration from Tesla's design aesthetics. I wanted to reach out to share my progress and seek information about the ugfx Studio.

Here's a link to the video showcasing the speedometer I developed: 

For reference, here's how Tesla's speedometer looks: 

Over time, I've received inquiries both in the comments section of the video and on this forum regarding the source code. I am now working on making the code public, but it's currently in a bit of chaos. I'm in the process of reformatting it, and I had the idea of creating a code generator for designing speedometers.

In this context, I recalled there being a WYSIWYG editor from ugfx – the ugfx Studio. Could you please provide an update on the status of ugfx Studio? I'm considering developing a tool for my speedometer project, and I'm curious about the current state of ugfx studio.

Moreover, I'm sharing the current progress of my speedometer project [App (blubal.de)], and I plan to create documentation that will explain the details in a more comprehensive manner, similar to my master's thesis but not as extensive.

I appreciate your time and assistance. Looking forward to your response.

Best regards,

Hey @cheater - Nice to hear from you again! :)

We're all still looking quite forward being able to have a look at your awesome work!

The µGFX-Studio does exist. However, we're currently not handing it out. The plan was to release the first public version together with the v3.0 release of µGFX.
After an initial dead blow during the COVID-19 pandemic we got drowned in support requests as everybody was scrambling to migrate their products to whatever silicon was available during the semiconductor shortage and right now we're engaged in larger customer projects.

The question of when the µGFX-Studio will be released has therefore become a question of when µGFX v3.0 will be released.
Most of the work around µGFX v3.0 has been completed by now. The "only thing left to do" is migrating the higher-level GWIN module to the new GDISP changes as well as updating all examples & documentation.

The µGFX library v2.10 is certainly due for a release. You might want to upgrade your application to the latest `master` branch of the git repo to get all the new goodies. Especially the STM32LTDC driver got improved quite a bit.