Problem Compiling Demos on Raspberry Pi

Andy Fraser

Followed the instructions here: https://wiki.ugfx.io/index.php/Raspberry_Pi and was able to build and run the basic demo.

However, when I try changing  GFXDEMO to applications/combo, I get the following linker errors.

Compiling ../resources/ugfx/demos/applications/combo/main.c
Compiling ../resources/ugfx/demos/applications/combo/mandelbrot.c
Compiling ../resources/ugfx/demos/applications/combo/bounce.c
Linking .build/hello-world
/usr/bin/ld: /tmp/cc2ezqga.ltrans0.ltrans.o: in function `setbtntext':
<artificial>:(.text+0x2950): undefined reference to `gdispGetStringWidth'
/usr/bin/ld: /tmp/cc2ezqga.ltrans0.ltrans.o: in function `createWidgets':
<artificial>:(.text+0x2a44): undefined reference to `gwinWidgetClearInit'
/usr/bin/ld: <artificial>:(.text+0x2b18): undefined reference to `gwinGTabsetCreate'
/usr/bin/ld: <artificial>:(.text+0x2b3c): undefined reference to `gwinTabsetAddTab'
/usr/bin/ld: <artificial>:(.text+0x2b60): undefined reference to `gwinTabsetAddTab'
/usr/bin/ld: <artificial>:(.text+0x2b84): undefined reference to `gwinTabsetAddTab'
/usr/bin/ld: <artificial>:(.text+0x2ba8): undefined reference to `gwinTabsetAddTab'
/usr/bin/ld: <artificial>:(.text+0x2bcc): undefined reference to `gwinTabsetAddTab'
/usr/bin/ld: /tmp/cc2ezqga.ltrans0.ltrans.o:<artificial>:(.text+0x2bf0): more undefined references to `gwinTabsetAddTab' follow
/usr/bin/ld: /tmp/cc2ezqga.ltrans0.ltrans.o: in function `createWidgets':

If I change to another example such as applications/notepad I get far fewer errors but still linker errors. I can't seem to get any other examples to work either.

Linker Options........
gcc -pthread -march=armv6zk -mcpu=arm1176jzf-s -mtune=arm1176jzf-s -mfpu=vfp -mfloat-abi=hard -Wl,--gc-sections -lrt -lrt .build/obj/fakefile.o -o .build/hello-world
Linking .build/hello-world
/usr/bin/ld: /tmp/cc3jP23j.ltrans0.ltrans.o: in function `drawScreen':
<artificial>:(.text+0x28d8): undefined reference to `gdispOpenFont'
/usr/bin/ld: <artificial>:(.text+0x28e4): undefined reference to `gdispOpenFont'
/usr/bin/ld: <artificial>:(.text+0x2928): undefined reference to `gdispGetStringWidth'
/usr/bin/ld: <artificial>:(.text+0x2964): undefined reference to `gdispGDrawString'
/usr/bin/ld: <artificial>:(.text+0x2a9c): undefined reference to `gdispGFillStringBox'
/usr/bin/ld: <artificial>:(.text+0x2ae4): undefined reference to `gdispGFillStringBox'
/usr/bin/ld: <artificial>:(.text+0x2b2c): undefined reference to `gdispGFillStringBox'
/usr/bin/ld: <artificial>:(.text+0x2b74): undefined reference to `gdispGFillStringBox'
/usr/bin/ld: <artificial>:(.text+0x2bbc): undefined reference to `gdispGFillStringBox'
/usr/bin/ld: <artificial>:(.text+0x2bc4): undefined reference to `gdispCloseFont'
/usr/bin/ld: <artificial>:(.text+0x2bcc): undefined reference to `gdispCloseFont'
/usr/bin/ld: /tmp/cc3jP23j.ltrans0.ltrans.o: in function `main':
<artificial>:(.text+0x2c20): undefined reference to `ginputGetMouse'
/usr/bin/ld: <artificial>:(.text+0x2c30): undefined reference to `ginputGetMouseStatus'
/usr/bin/ld: <artificial>:(.text+0x2f2c): undefined reference to `gdispGFillCircle'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [../resources/ugfx/tools/gmake_scripts/compiler_gcc.mk:304: .build/hello-world] Error 1

Can anyone point out what I am doing wrong?

Andy

Hello & welcome to the µGFX community!

Regarding your first compilation output: It seems like the corresponding features are not enabled in the configuration file (gfxconf.h). Most notably it seems like GDISP_NEED_TEXT and GWIN_NEED_TABSET.
Did you use the configuration file that ships with the demo? If they are not enabled in there we certainly need to update that demo.

The same seems to be the case with your second compilation output. It seems like some features such as text, circles and GINPUT are not enabled.

Useful resources:

• 2 weeks later...