Development with EFM32

serdiel2004@yahoo.es

Hello everybody!

i'm starting with ugfx and i´m developing an application for the Silabs EFM32-G2XX-DK development kit (ARM Cortex M3).

Can you give me an step-by-step guide for integrating the ugfx library into the Simplicity studio IDE?

it's based on gcc compiler. And the TFT controller is SSD2119, although i'll use the SSD1963 in the final development.

Thanks a lot!

Luis

:D

Hello Luis and welcome to the community!

Sadly we can't provide you with a step-by-step guide as we never worked with the Silabs Simplicity Studio IDE.

All we can tell you is that GCC is a very well supported compiler and that there are no known issues with using µGFX with GCC.

When it comes to integrating µGFX into an IDE then there are two options: Either your project can handle an external Makefile or you have to use the single-file inclusion mechanism.

Makefile

In case of you can call external Makefiles with the IDE that you are using, then just follow the guide on the wiki. All you need to do is including the main uGFX makefile and adding $(GFXSRC) to the source files and $(GFXINC) to the include path.

Single File Inclusion

Since version 2.4, uGFX comes with a mechanism that allows to compile the entire library by just including one single file in your IDE. Sadly we didn't found time yet to properly document this new feature.

What you have to do is adding gfx_mk.c to your project files and adding the main uGFX directory to the compiler include path. Everything else will be taken care of in the background.

Here are some more information: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=228&p=1920

We will try to find some time in the following days/weeks to put up a detailed guide for this on the wiki. Sorry for the inconvenience.

~ Tectu