using SSD1306

yusp75

Hi,

I am using a oled: ssd1306, with chibios.

I found a line in readme.txt:

- after using uGFX subsystem gdisp_lld_display() has to be called "by hand" to push framebuffer to display

Could you tell me where is it? Or , I implement it by myself?

And in my project , how I can tell the gfx to use my ssd1306? And i am using stm32f1, any example integrating?

Thanks.

Hello yusp75 and welcome to the community!

Sorry for the late reply. We are currently very busy.

The SSD1306 driver is known to work very well so integrating it into your project should not be much of a problem.

The readme.txt is quite old and the information in there is not accurate anymore. While it is correct that the SSD1306 needs explicit flushing, this is hidden behind high-level API of the GDISP module. All you have to do is enabling the auto-flushing feature by setting GDISP_NEED_AUTOFLUSH to TRUE in your configuration file (gfxconf.h).

To get started, we recommend reading the Getting Started guide on our wiki. It will lead you through different other articles that describe how the µGFX library is built (architecture) and how to configure it (gfxconf.h).

After adding the µGFX library to your working project, all you have to do is enabling the GDISP module in the configuration file (as described in the wiki) and implementing the board file (copy the /drivers/gdisp/SSD1306/board_SSD1306_template.h to your project directory, rename it as described in the documentation and fill in the empty functions). All the board file does is initializing your peripherals (eg. SPI) and sending bytes over that interface.

If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

~ Tectu