ugfx/chibios mp3 player with mikromedia board

jithurbide

Hello,

I try to run a simple mp3 player. To do it, I first try to run the play-vs1053 demo with success. Secondly, I try to run my own soft (without the demo part) with success. Now I try to run the wav file from an SD card.

We I use romfs, I can play the wav but when I try to read the file from the Sd I have no sound. I know that the SD card is reading because the file size is correct but there is no sound. I can't find why. I attached my code then you can see exactly what I do. I don't know why is not working. Coud you help me ?

Julien

MikroMedia-Basis.zip

Hello jithurbide,

I am sorry but I am currently very busy so I can't have an in-depth look at your application right now.

Are you able to play the MP3 from the SD-Card as well or does the MP3 code just work with the ROMFS as well?

If you cannot play the MP3 from the SD-Card either I would recommend you verifying that you can access your SD-Card through GFILE without any issues. For this, try to read from and write to a file on the SD-Card.

~ Tectu

Hello Tectu,

Here are all the tests I have do now to be sure ...

A)

I create a file toto.txt on my computer and save it on the SD.

I do a simple soft that read the file and display it on the screen. -> working correctly.

B)

I create a basis soft reading the allwrong.wav from ROMFS. -> working also like a charm

C)

Change the basis soft. Now I'm reading the SD card. I see that my soft read the file correctly (do some chprintf for debug). But it's seems that the audio part is not init correctly. I don't know how the audio driver is coding. But, I know the mikromedia card share the spi3 for audio and sd card. May the problem come from here. But, I can't find any solution. I try to do a spiStart() all time I change from accessing vs1053 codec and file without success.

Have you any idea ?

Julien

• 2 weeks later...