Non-threaded branch?

That's correct. The Non-threaded branch is ongoing development towards an uGFX which is (optionally) able to run without any threads.

inmarket is doing all the development there as I am currently focusing 100% of my time on the uGFX-Studio. I'm sure he'll let you know in case of he can use some help :)

Thanks for your interest and curiosity!

~ Tectu

It is definitely a work in progress. It does not compile yet - at this stage I am just hashing out the structural changes required and the various dependencies.

On one hand we want it to support non - threaded execution but on the other multi-threading safety is still absolutely critical for many people. It is balancing those two often times conflicting requirements while allowing either or both capabilities that is tricky.

I created the new branch so that I can switch between mainline development and non threaded code as need requires. Eventually the non threaded branch will become the main line but it a long way from that yet.

Once I have the structural changes done and the dependencies figured out I would love some help in finishing it off and testing etc.

If you want to see where it is heading do a diff against the master branch. The major changes will be in GOS and GTIMER modules although eventually just about everything will be touched with the multi-threading changes.

PS. That is the primary reasons V2.3 was released. It locks off significant new development in the main line until the non threaded code is ready to become the basis for the next version (which may yet be called V3 instead of V2.4 depending on how deep the changes need to go).