[Feature] GWIN virtual keyboard

inmarket

• 6 months later...

I'm struggling to get this feature working. I've borrowed the relevant code from the modules/gwin/textedit/ demo and switched on the required features in gfxconf.h, however I get the following linker error:

undefined reference to `GKEYBOARDVMT_OnlyOne'

I have noticed for touch devices, a VMT structure (i.e. GMouseVMT) is statically initialised in the LLD file for the particular touch device and this is how the VMT list is populated (I think), however such a driver or static initialisation does not exist for the Virtual Keyboard (as far as I know...).

I must be missing something incredibly obvious here. :?

Thanks in advance!

Thank you for sending the pull request, we appreciate your contributions a lot!

Btw, as mentioned in an earlier post we would prefer the .patch file being attached to an explaining post here in the forum as it is easier for us to maintain it this way. Sadly bitbucket doesn't allow to download the patch file from a pull-request so it is rather cumbersome for us to try and verify the changes on our local testing repository before merging. Also, while the pull requests are usually totally fine there are some minor or additional changes required in other parts of the µGFX library to ensure proper compatibility across all features and platforms. In those cases we first have to merge the pull request and then modify the required things.

This are also the reasons why there are many "declined" pull requests on the bitbucket site: Nearly all of them got merged but manually due to the issues described here.

We definitely appreciate all your contributions!

~ Tectu