Possible bug in µGFX sourcecode

GunterO

Hi,

I'm experimenting with ugfx_release_22_150104 in combination with a STM32F4-Discovery + Embest LCD add-on.

When I activate DMA for the LCD, I stumbled on a typo in \drivers\gdisp\SSD2119\gdisp_lld_SSD2119.c:

LLDSPEC void gdisp_lld_blit_area(GDisplay* g) {
pixel_t* buffer;
coord_t ynct;

must be:

LLDSPEC void gdisp_lld_blit_area(GDisplay* g) {
pixel_t* buffer;
coord_t ycnt;

With the variable renamed correctly to ycnt, all is working fine.

Maybe somebody of the develop team can review this, and make the change if needed.

Cheers!

Hello GunterO and welcome to the community!

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. This typo was already fixed in the repository some time ago: https://bitbucket.org/Tectu/ugfx/diff/d ... 2119.cT288

This fix was sadly not hotfixed in the 2.2 branch hence the most recent zip download of the uGFX version 2.2 does not include this bugfix.

As the wiki page as well as the actual download page mentions we strongly recommend to use the latest master. The "stable releases" are just to provide at least some kind of history on what is going on. If you are not comfortable with using GIT then please note that you can always download a ZIP archive from the latest master branch from the bitbucket side without knowing anything about the version control system.

~ Tectu

Thank you for your quick response.

I didn't know about the recommendation to use the master branch, I'll switch to that.

Sometimes the recommendation is to use the latest stable release, and not nightly builds. But I guess this depends on the actual library / develop team.

Anyway, thanks for clearing that up for me, and keep up the very good work. Nice library you and your team have made. It is a big help for all of us!