A GIF image in multiple gwin Imagebox handlers

wctltya

Hi,

I have to render a GIF image in many image boxes. So far I'm doing it in a loop, for example

GHandle image_handle[NumberOf];

for(i = 0; i < NumberOf; i++) {

image_handle = gwinImageCreate(0, &wi.g);

gwinImageOpenFile(image_handle, "image_file.gif");

}

Is there another way, open file once, then link it to the imagebox handlers?

I know that there are several other function to open image file once, then to draw it, etc, but I don't see a function to link it to the imagebox handler.

I don't have frame buffer, the screen is rendered directly in the display memory.

The imagebox widget (in the code the GImageObject structure) contains the gImage member.
I didn't try it but you should be able to just open a file regularly and load it into a gImage object (named gdispImage in older versions of the library) and then assign that to the imagebox widget's gImage member. Afterwards you have to trigger a re-render of the imagebox widget.

Note that the underlying widget object should always be treated as a blackbox and you should only use the GWIN highlevel API passing GHandle around.
If you want this functionality I'd recommend that you implement a proper API call for this in the imagebox widget.
Pull requests are of course welcome ?

Thank you Joel,

9 hours ago, Joel Bodenmann said:

I didn't try it but you should be able to just open a file regularly and load it into a gImage object (named gdispImage in older versions of the library) and then assign that to the imagebox widget's gImage member. Afterwards you have to trigger a re-render of the imagebox widget.

But, could you give an example, please? I'm using version 2.8.

Edited by wctltya