ILI9320 reading device code is always wrong

tobib

Hi.

My name is Tobi and I just startet playing around with Chibi/OS and uGFX. I use Em::Blocks as an IDE and currently I work with a chinese board (STM32F103RB) with a TFT attached (2.8" ILI9320). First: I'm very impressed with this combination - great work! :D

My Problem:

After a long time I got the TFT working, but I cannot read the device code correct.

When I read the device code I get 0x1320 instead of 0x9320 -> The first bit is missing - or always read as zero.

Input/output settings of the board are correct (checked with debugger) - see screenshot below.

I added the code in Line 115 and 116 to have a workaround for now.

Hello Tobi and welcome to the community!

We have experienced many many problems with all the ILIxxxx based display controllers over the time. Most issues were related to the fact that Chinese sellers claimed to send you an ILI9320 but you actually got an ILI9325. Then there are too many different revisions of the same chip out there all with something different.

When your D15 pin/bit would have a problem you would clearly not be able to successfully use the screen after modifying the version in the driver source. You would not only see colors that are completely wrong but you would most likely not be able to initialize the controller at all. Therefore, I think we can rule out this problem.

If everything is working for you I can add that particular version number to the driver.

~ Tectu

• 2 months later...