ssd1963 8bit mode

DeusExMachina

You have to take a look at your microcontrollers datasheet to learn how to use your FSMC interface in 8-bit mode.

The driver itself does not have to be modified because it does not care how you actually talk to the display controller. The driver itself calls the read and write routines from the board file (gdisp_lld_board.h). Inside your board file, you just implement all the write_xxx() calls so it works with FSMC in 8-bit mode. The current board files that can be found inside that directory show how to use FSMC in 16-bit mode. There are currently no examples available that show how to use FSMC in 8-bit mode. I'd appreciate it when you'd share your work after you got everything successfully working.

~ Tectu

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I recommend you to take the gdisp_lld_board_template.h you can find in the driver directory and start filling out the needed routines. There's no real difference between 8- and 16-bit mode apart from how you actually talk to the display. You can take a look at the tdisp_lld_board_st_stm32f4_discovery.h which you can find in the HD44780 driver directory of the TDISP module. It shows how different bus widths can be handled.

Just as a side note: Make sure your display itself is in 8-bit mode. Many of these display modules you get from e-bay required to change a solder bridge or any other kind of jumper to select the 8-bit mode. However, some just might need a different initialization value.

~ Tectu

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

I want to use ssd1963 in 8bit gpio mode how to go about

pls give some info about which file need include and which routine calling to driver and where set option to GPIO or FSMC

Thx

I have successfully used sd1963 in 8 bit mode for SK-STM32F417 board http://www.starterkit.ru/html/index.php?name=shop&op=view&id=68 (in Russian!)

Also, I used ST standard peripheral lib to initialize FSMC

SSD1963_8bit_mode.tar.bz2

Nice to hear that you finally got it working! Maybe you could provide a small video once you got something working? It would be nice to have a demo showing cyrillic stuff.

Why do you use STDperiph lib for the FSMC by the way? There are many example board files showing how to use FSMC within ChibiOS/RT.

May I ask how much you paid for that board? I cannot find any price information :(

~ Tectu

This is my last project, board distributor provided only one static image on screen :)

The project uses slightly modified ugfx engine + Chibios + lwip (webserver + Modbus TCP) + Modbus RTU + AT45 dataflash for storing settings... It supports shell in CDC USB and many other features :) It is prototype of oil level meter sensor (display part).