Some pointers for a beginner

Docara

Hello All,

I have found uGFX whilst looking for a GUI designer package for my first outing into GLCD's.

I have a few questions concerning uGFX GUI's for GLCD and the more generally about the 'mindset' and order of things to produce a working system.

First off I am not a programmer, just an old electronics student!!!! So,I have purchased a programme called Flowcode (v7) from MatrixTSL to use with microcontroller. I am working a small project to learn FC. And I have since realised things could be made MUCH easier/simpler for me if I could do away with the need for multiple 7 segment displays and a large number of switches - hence I am researching GLCDs.

Flowcode produces code based on a 'flowchart' schema but with the ability to have C incorporated in a 'box' which is incorporated/compiled at run time if necessary. It has a number of display GLCD 'components' available and basic primitives can be drawn, colours can be changed and touch coordinates can be read but because the resultant look is very 1980's (ZX81) ish. It is not really suitable for a modern interface.

So to start things off - 1) has anyone used the above application with uGFX? If so how did you get on?

2) If no, Do you think it COULD be possible to use your code with Flowcode v7. (If anyone does not know this package look up Youtube and Flowcode for an idea of the software )

3) Is uGFX a standalone product? I can't find an install / setup file after unzipping?

4) You say uGFX is a drag and drop product but there is mention of other software - please explain

5) You state that uGFX runs on pretty much anything - how could I pass touch data (button press) via say a variable to the main software

6) What is a widget

7) What is a Toolchain.

8) Does uGFX have a simulation facility of the designed GUI?

9) Lastly, without out going into too much detail could you please list the things (in order) I need to do to see if uGFX would be suitable for my needs

My apologies for such a long first post but many thanks for any replies given

Matt