Write Display to a File

kengineer

I was wondering if there was a good way to write the display to a bitmap file on FATFS. Seems like there could be several different ways to do this (pix maps which are then written to a file or a dedicated display driver that writes to a file) however I was wondering what the easiest way to do this would be.

If you have a framebuffer driver this is easy as you can gain direct access to the bits by knowing where the framebuffer is stored. 

The  next easiest is a driver that supports readback. Looping through the display area using gdispGetColor (I think that is what it is called) would be fairly simple. This will also work for framebuffers as well as they support readback and this is a more generic way of doing things.

If the driver does not support readback then things get complicated as there is then no way to actually get to the data. The only option would be to create a pixmap the same size as the display as draw to both the pixmap and the display simultaneously and then use the pixmap to get at the bits. This gets complicated when GWIN is involved as it only supports a window displaying to a single display.