Monochrome framebuffer

crteensy

From the docs I understand that there is no packed monochrome framebuffer driver. Is there any inofficial code to work with or would you like to get some fresh lines? I'd rather not try to come up with a generic sub-8-bit-color packed framebuffer (I could only do that in C++ I'm afraid), but monochrome should be easy enough.

You are right, there is no generic framebuffer driver for monochrome displays. They are however all very similar and it has been in the back of my mind to eventually develop one.

In the mean time just take one of the existing monochrome drivers and modify it to suit.

Yes, that was basically what I ended up doing now. I use it to have a full frame buffer for my ssd1351 display which will only show monochrome graphics. Consecutive chunks of the monochrome frame buffer are converted to RGB565 and sent to the display using DMA in the background. Now the code needs 5 ms to draw and 21 ms (without the CPU being involved) to transfer a full frame to the display, as opposed to > 60 ms per frame when drawing "directly".