Screen management strategy

Rafael Zingler

Hello,

I would like to know how to use the uGFX library in the best way for what I need to do. The screens I need are numbered below:

1) Idle state: In this state, a console with messages is displayed at the bottom of the screen. At the top of the screen, images are alternately displayed. These images are stored on an SD card.

2) The screen is similar to the one at state 1, but with an extra image. This extra image (smaller than the one at the top of the screen) is displayed between the console and the top image.

3) There is a virtual keyboard at the bottom of the screen, and some components (a label, and a string or text box) to display the password (asterisks) typed by the user through the virtual keyboard.

4) A tabset is displayed. This is the equipment menu. Every page related to this tabset implements some kind of configuration and has its own set of components, like labels, text boxes, radio buttons, check boxes, and so on.  

When the equipment is in state 1 (idle) and a barcode reading is performed, the equipment goes to state 2. After a few seconds, it returns to state 1.

When the equipment is in state 1 (idle) and the user touches the screen, the equipment goes to state 3. When the user presses "OK" on the virtual keyboard, the equipment goes to state 2, and, after a few seconds, it returns to state 1.

When the equipment is in state 1 (idle) and a physical key on the board is pressed, the equipment goes to state 5 (menu).

Any suggestions on how to organize the screens in the best way to use the uGFX library?

Thanks in advance.