LINUX

zhuantou215

First of all, thank you very much for helping me to solve a lot of problems. But there are new problems. I ran on ARCHLINUX, and I didn't find sdl2-dev. I now want ugfx to compile a running EXE file like Windows. And I found that this sdl2 is also a GUI library. So how can I solve this problem.

I have never used ARCH before, but after some googling it seems that they don't use dev-packages.
Instead the development files are also being installed when you install the basic package.

My guess is that you can just install the sdl2 package and it should work.

9 hours ago, cpu20 said:

I have never used ARCH before, but after some googling it seems that they don't use dev-packages.
Instead the development files are also being installed when you install the basic package.

As a passionate Arch user I can confirm that that's true :) 

15 hours ago, zhuantou215 said:

I now want ugfx to compile a running EXE file like Windows.

I'm not sure if you just use that as a comparison or if you actually want to compile for Windows too. But there's a complete guide for Windows on the wiki.

Thank you very much for your answer. I'vebeen able to run well on winodws. Now just want to run on Linux. I also tried to install SDL2, but I always hint at make to execute makefile。

Makefile:47: ../uGFX/tools/gmake_scripts/compiler_gcc.mk: No such file or directory
make: *** 没有规则可制作目标“../uGFX/tools/gmake_scripts/compiler_gcc.mk”。 停止。

What I use on Linux is the terminal to execute makefile.

Personally I don't like the SDL Linux port. Try the X port. While it is slower it is much easier to build and is fully compatible with a normal Linux desktop.

For a real target embedded Linux platform you would drop both X and SDL and instead use the framebuffer and linux-event drivers.

The Linux kernel can provide a "framebuffer" device for supported hardware. Usually X takes over from the framebuffer as the desktop is started. If X is not installed (eg on small embedded devices) or is not running then the framebuffer device can be accessed directly by uGFX.

The framebuffer driver is compiled into the Linux kernel and is used by Linux itself to display the penguin logo during boot.

Note: if X is running the framebuffer is not usable as X itself takes over control.

Thank you very much. I installed (SDL 1.2.15-9, sdl2 2.0.7-1, multilib/lib32-sdl 1.2.15-7, multilib/lib32-sdl2 2.0.7-1). Then using make.

Appear:Makefile:47:../uGFX/tools/gmake_scripts/compiler_gcc.mk: No such file or directory still appears.

Make: * * * * * No rule to make target'../uGFX/tools/gmake_scripts/compiler_gcc.mk'. Stop.

I tried a lot of different paths, and I had a good run on windows.How to set the path correctly?Is there any problem with the SDL I installed?

On 1/10/2018 at 12:55, inmarket said:

../uGFX is obviously not the correct path to your uGFX repository directory

When using the makefile build system, you need to make sure that your $(GFXLIB) variable is pointing to the µGFX library top-level directory. @inmarket is trying to tell you that that path is wrong because obviously the make build system is not finding the corresponding make files that get included from the µGFX library.