32F429IDISCOVERY board file

tronicgr

Hello Thanos,

Sadly we didn't find any time to create any board files for that board yet. However, somebody of the ChibiOS/RT community already contributed the LTDC HAL. Therefore it shouln't be too hard for you to wrap the HAL around the GDISP board file interface.

If you created the board files, please share them to the community. We would LOVE to officially include the support for the STM32F429i-Discovery board into the repository.

~ Tectu

Sounds good. Note that you have to use the ChibiOS/RT community repository in order to have the LTDC HAL.

It's still the better option to use the git repository as many changes happen to the project. You are always on the latest 'version' that way. It also simplifies the contribution process especially if you change files, rather than adding new ones.

If you need any help, let us know. Otherwise adding the works as a .zip here or send it per e-mail will always do the trick.

Thank you very much in advance for your work. Please let me know about any progress, I can't await it! :shock:

~ Tectu

Ok, I managed to fix my installation issues... So far it looks its compiling with only a few warnings:

Description Resource Path Location Type
unused variable 'shelltp' [-Wunused-variable] main.c /STM32F429-DISCOVERY-example line 180 C/C++ Problem
comparison of unsigned expression < 0 is always false [-Wtype-limits] main.c /STM32F429-DISCOVERY-example line 102 C/C++ Problem
comparison of unsigned expression < 0 is always false [-Wtype-limits] main.c /STM32F429-DISCOVERY-example line 84 C/C++ Problem
implicit declaration of function 'rand' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration] main.c /STM32F429-DISCOVERY-example line 147 C/C++ Problem
implicit declaration of function 'srand' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration] main.c /STM32F429-DISCOVERY-example line 141 C/C++ Problem
incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'memset' [enabled by default] main.c /STM32F429-DISCOVERY-example line 160 C/C++ Problem
unused parameter 'g' [-Wunused-parameter] board_SSD1289.h /STM32F429-DISCOVERY-example/resources/ugfx/drivers/gdisp/SSD1289 line 115 C/C++ Problem
implicit declaration of function 'memset' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration] main.c /STM32F429-DISCOVERY-example line 160 C/C++ Problem
incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'strcat' [enabled by default] main.c /STM32F429-DISCOVERY-example line 162 C/C++ Problem
implicit declaration of function 'strcat' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration] main.c /STM32F429-DISCOVERY-example line 162 C/C++ Problem

I'll have a change to try it on the actual board tomorrow, probably won't display anything :lol:

Regards,

Thanos

Hi,

You are right, I was trying to use the ILI9341 driver from the uGFX repository. But the driver on the STM32F429i is using RGB and SPI connection. I'm trying to figure out if I can only use SPI for now and how. The pinout is somehow different from normal SPI interfaces and can't find much info anywhere except from the the LTDC demo example. So many files to go through... :o

I'll keep trying...

Thanks

Thanos

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the link. I already have the driver files. The board file is the one that is missing and needs lots of work to put pieces together... and lots of time for debugging...

At least on the link you gave, there are more details about the connections and the interface!

Best Regards,

Thanos