Joel Bodenmann

uGFX-Studio v0.20 - Beta

My 2 cents:

1. When assigning button as Image it will be better to let select image in 'Parameter' section, now one should type image name manually.

2. Many, many, many closes of app after random actions, for example, I have added two images, then it was closed on third. After running as Admin and in compatibility with Win7 it crashes not so often :)

3. Tried to place container on page in 800x480 project, and got 640px width limit, so cannot continue transferring project from 0.15 version :(

4. When fonts importing there is no possibility to set more than one filter range (i.e. 48-126 181-181 1040-1105)

5. After save/load not-default fonts not appears in designer (exists in parameters of label, but I see label with system font instead of selected play32 for example)

p.s. I found 0.22.3 inside archive with 0.23.0, it has no hardcoded width limitation.

p.p.s. 0.22.3 changes params (x/y/width/height) of 'too long' containers after save/load :( 

Edited by king2

Hi.

After generated sourcer file, calibration data table for touch is wrong.

// Calibration data
float calibrationData[] = {
};

Comma is missed.

Best regards.

Edited by AlexK17

Hi.

How can i change background page color without using background properties. If i using background, 

first drawn white window, then the background is drawn.

Best regards.

Hi, I already use ugfx in my pet project, but right now it a little ugly, I think with ugfx-studio I can make UI better. Add me to beta-testers please.

How can i change background page color without using background properties. If i using background, 

first drawn white window, then the background is drawn.

That's currently not supported. Right now you can only place a solid rectangle yourself but as you mentioned that's rather inefficient. I've just added that to our ToDo list. Should be there in the upcoming release.

Console do not save to project file.

After save then reload project console is missed on page.

We've added that to the bug list.

Hi.

How can I make the switchable buttons (one is down, rest is up )?

I wrote custom rendering function, but i can not redraw previous button.

Best regards,

Alexander Kovylkin.

P.S. After ugfx studio generate code, rendering function code is bad for reading. Lots of empty lines.

rendering_functions.h

On 22/05/2018 at 20:45, inmarket said:

Use radio widgets with the button draw routine.

Correction: Use the checkbox widget, not the radio widget.

15 hours ago, king2 said:

Can you tell when new Studio (without 640px width limit) could be expected?

We don't have any fixed release cycle. We can basically release at any time. I guess we can fire something up this or next week.

Version 0.23.1 has just been released. Changelog:

• Updating About dialog
  • Changing default font generator size from 8px to 16px
  • Fixing issue where console widget isn't loaded from project file
  • Fixing issue where the visible attribute affected the enable attribute
  • Fixing issue where the generated calibration code contains syntax errors (missing commas)
  • Fixing an issue where the maximum display size couldn't be larger than 640 x 480px
  • Fixing an issue where using the mouse wheel on the zoom slider didn't update the actual zoom factor
  • Fixing some resource files issues
  • Fixing issues with dialog box close events
  • Adding new bugs with dialog box close events to fix later

Hi.

Issue where the maximum display size couldn't be larger than 640 x 480px,

not FIXED.

All widgets whose y-axis coordinates are greater than 480, after loading the project, are located above this coordinate.

Best regards.

Issue.jpg

On 01/06/2018 at 08:21, AlexK17 said:

Issue where the maximum display size couldn't be larger than 640 x 480px,

not FIXED.

All widgets whose y-axis coordinates are greater than 480, after loading the project, are located above this coordinate.

We'll investigate this.

On 01/06/2018 at 09:11, AlexK17 said:

To background style, it would be nice to add a text primitive.

Added to the ToDo list.

Hi.

1.A small note about the numbering of the handles.

It would be logical to start immediately from the figures number one.

2. When you select a widget in the edit window, it is not selected in the design window.

Best regards.

Hi.

Replace image in existing image crashes the programm.

After delete and create new images it not displayed in edit window.

And so, many crashes then working with image.

Best regards.

Edited by AlexK17

Tried new 0.23.2, excellent. no more crashes!

But I found some issues, so.. "Kirov reporting!":   // (c) C&C :)

1. Container initialization (gwinContainerCreate) missing in gui.c! If I place container on page, and then label into container, it assigns all parameters to wi.*, then not creating container itself, just passes to rewrite wi.* parameters for another widget! Next block initializes label, with parent = container handler (not initialized, so label will be displayed on device with manual redrawing only). I tried to add container initialization to gui.c by myself, and got device freeze in wordwrap function (it cannot fit label into container, and stays endless loop in mf_wordwrap function), because it had position outside of container. Finally, after changing in gui.c X and Y coordinates of label, I got label displayed.

So, if I understand everything right, generation procedure should:

• initialize containers in gui.c
  • all widgets inside containers should have X and Y coordinates corrected, as they relative to container (not to window)

2. Before generating output, Studio tries to delete output directory. Some IDEs, like IAR, can lock directories from which they takes files (background compiling and so on), so with IAR I should close IDE, then press generate, then open IDE again. So boring.. Can Studio just delete files from output directory without removing directory itself?

3. Still no respect to start-up color in editor (white background always in Studio, works as expected on target device)

4. Can you add possibility to run post-generation script as it was in 0.15?

5. Can I add/change gfxconf.h defines? For example, I want to add GDISP_NEED_UTF8 and GDISP_NEED_PIXELREAD and some other defines.

Edited by king2