• Adding list widget
  • Adding text edit widget
  • Adding graph widget
  • Adding menu keyboard shortcuts
  • Showing hourglass mouse cursor when busy
  • Minor UI improvements
  • Fixing memory leak
  • Many internal improvements

µGFX-Studio v0.22.2 is now available for download.

The main change is that there's now a built-in font converter. From now on you can directly use the source font file (eg. TrueTypeFont *.ttf) in the studio:

image.thumb.png.26813a2585255b78c2ed4dfc64db2188.png

started testing Studio, and decided to play with the font.

I chose ttf fonts from Studio and from my PC. The application crashed when I pressed Generate.

Next is not a bug, just think it would improve:

when I change the font, or a button rendering for example, I do not see the effect until I select another widget. It would be easier to see the effect as I am scrolling through the options

On 2/23/2018 at 18:11, axiom said:

I chose ttf fonts from Studio and from my PC. The application crashed when I pressed Generate.

We're having trouble reproducing this behavior. Can you give us any more information? Also, did you try a different TTF? You can find tons for free at websites like dafont.com and similar.

On 2/23/2018 at 18:11, axiom said:

Next is not a bug, just think it would improve:

when I change the font, or a button rendering for example, I do not see the effect until I select another widget. It would be easier to see the effect as I am scrolling through the options

Yes indeed, I agree. Things like this will improve over time.

On 2/24/2018 at 08:39, golf2109 said:

Нow to rename "unnamed" font?

Select the font item in the design model tree and hit F2 or alternatively double-click it. Edit and hit Enter to apply the new name.

Couple questions:
1) Is there anyway to reorganize order of widgets within a page, for instance if i add an imagebox and a label, sometimes the label will appear below the imagebox if created in the wrong order. also potentially moving widgets in and out of a container.

2) Is there a way to edit the native PushButton style, for instance the 'edge' is only rhs and bottom what if we wanted edge to be all sides or rounded corners/etc.

v0.22.3; minor issue i find is when generate code, the original .ttf fonts are removed from the resource folder so need to re-add to get the project to appear correctly in studio again, otherwise it goes back to the default font for everything. the generated .c files remain

Hello @Connel and welcome to the µGFX community!

1) The built-in window manager of µGFX doesn't support overlapping windows. You have to write your own if you need that.

2) Yes, there is. Custom rendering functions and custom widgets. The former is supported by the µGFX-Studio but not well tested yet. The latter should follow soon.

3) Regarding the minor issue: Are you talking about the resources folder of the µGFX-Studio project or the one that gets generated when you generate the code?

4 minutes ago, Joel Bodenmann said:

3) Regarding the minor issue: Are you talking about the resources folder of the µGFX-Studio project or the one that gets generated when you generate the code?

the resources folder of the µGFX-Studio project

<edit> ignore that, it is when i press clean

Edited by Connel
edit

Uhm... but that shouldn't happen. Cleaning the project should only remove the output directory.

Is it possible that you didn't assign the resource? Because unused resources are being removed as well.

v0.22.4 is available for download. Changelog:

• Fixing issues with default GWIN settings (default font and default widgetstyle)
  • Fixing crash when modifying target properties in certain situations
  • Many internal improvements regarding code generation

v0.22.6 is available for download. Changelog:

• Fixing issue with crash when closing the application
  • Fixing various issues regarding the default image
  • Fixing memory leak when deleting an image
  • Fixing issues where images didn't render on the background
  • Fixing issues where static image items on a background didn't render every time
  • Fixing various issues regarding the background code generation
  • Fixing issues with the generated code for the text edit widget
  • Improving handling of resource file copying
  • Completely rewriting the internal code generator stuff

Hi, I am quite new in the community, so I am still in a learning process - first thank you for your support and work on this project.

I found quite minor issue when you place controls into/over Container - then if you want to resize them manually, they slide away so the only way how to set their size is in Property Editor.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. That's a problem that has been on the ToDo list for a while now and we started working on a fix yesterday. The next release will contain a patch for that.

v0.23.0 is available for download. Changelog:

• Fixing bug with nested containers
  • Fixed bug when resizing widgets inside of containers
  • Fixing rendering issue when assigning a smaller image to an imagebox widget
  • Show static items as children of the background item in the design model tree
  • General code improvements

How can i download the new verison (µGFX-Studio v0.22.2).I use the old version (µGFX-Studio v0.15),some bugs in the old version!

Thanks!

So I tested the studio a bit..

1) When you change the visibility ( for example set it to false) it actually changes the "Enabled" property? And why does it capitalize the first character of true/false while you edit it?

visble-enabled.PNG

2) Probably already known: when you scroll to change the zoom ( while the focus is on the slider), the slider changes but nothing happens?

3) One cannot resize a widget that's inside a container?

4) Unexpected focus-loss? Place a container and select the container, so it shows the resize handles. Now give the focus to an other application. Go back to uGFX studio and try to resize the container (it still shows the handles and the resize cursor), as soon as you click to resize it actually deselects the widget. Perhaps this is not really a bug, more an annoyance.

5) Add two images to your project. Select two images with the same filename from different folders . It'll copy the files to the resource folder, but it'll overwrite the oldest one, because it keeps the original filename.

Edited by Steffan