SilasV

uGFX-Studio v0.20 or latest one

Hi

I am new to uGFX - I thought I will give it a try - coming from STemWin - and in hope to get quick support if needed :)

I downloaded required files - but I found that uGFX-Studio in the download is v0.15 - where can I get v0.20? I saw the video on youtube (https://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=J4Dss0sHplM  - posting the link actually embeds the youtube widget - that is so cool - but I just wanted to put the link). Can anyone help me? Is the version 0.20 still not officially released? 

Thanks 

SilasV

Looks like this has already been answered :)   I did the search first before posting - searching for "v0.20" and the search did not return anything - something wrong there :(

Well in the youtube video - it was mentioned that it is a preview and releasing in couple of weeks - and that was in Aug 2016.. 

Ok so I will play with v0.15 and will come back if questions.. 

Thanks 

SilasV

Yes 0.20 (or whatever it will be called) is still coming. It is currently under active development - it is just a big job and other stuff keeps getting in the way.

Hello @SilasV and welcome to the µGFX community!

12 hours ago, SilasV said:

I am new to uGFX - I thought I will give it a try - coming from STemWin - and in hope to get quick support if needed :)

That need we should definitely be able to satisfy ;) 

11 hours ago, SilasV said:

Well in the youtube video - it was mentioned that it is a preview and releasing in couple of weeks - and that was in Aug 2016..

Unfortunately the development on the µGFX-Studio got delayed. However, at this point we're basically working full-time on it. We're currently just giving it the final polish for the first beta release. Actually, we're at a point where we could release an alpha already. The new version will definitely be out by June, one way or another.

Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any other questions - we're happy to help wherever we can.

On 4/28/2017 at 19:25, jkraptor said:

I'm interested in writing the rendering functions using sprites and nine-slicing

Keep in mind that you can do that already. The µGFX library provides everything you need to do that. Even the new studio won't provide that feature in the alpha and beta.

16 minutes ago, David Kibble said:

Definitely happy to give you feedback on a beta, as you know, I use Studio quite a bit.

Looking forward to it :-)

Sounds good :)
Currently we're working on adding support for the static items (rectangles, lines, static texts, static images, ...) for the page backgrounds. Once that's done we'll release an alpha version.

3 minutes ago, Joel Bodenmann said:

Keep in mind that you can do that already. The µGFX library provides everything you need to do that. Even the new studio won't provide that feature in the alpha and beta

I understand that the 9-slicing would be done through custom rendering functions (i.e. cut/draw/resize image, over lay text,etc). So, will the studio support the real-time rendering of these customized functions?  I think yes.  If so, then having studio2 would make my effort in creating custom rendering that much faster.  Let me know if I've misunderstood how 9-slicing could be applied.

Yes, that's exactly how it's done: Through custom rendering functions.
And yes, the new µGFX-Studio will support live rendering of custom rendering functions. In fact that's the first thing that I implemented when I started on the new studio. It's demonstrated in the preview video from the original blog post.

I agree that therefore the new µGFX-Studio would simplify your life by simply saving you time. I just wanted to state that it's already possible without any restrictions.

Hello Kevin,

We're currently running a closed alpha test. The public beta will start at the end of September.
Feel free to drop me a private message if you're interested in getting your hands on the alpha version. I'll see what I can do (no promises though).

Hi.

I read the public 0.2 version is available from end of September, its now 2months later. Will really like to try and use the gui based program.

I am wanting to set up a STM32 with an SSD1963 tft.

Possible to send me a download link?

Hello @AlmeroDUP and welcome to the µGFX community!

We are currently in the process of adding all the missing widgets to the µGFX-Studio. Once that's done, we'll release a public version. Looking at the current schedule that will happen during late December or early January.

Please check your private messages.

Hello @Joel Bodenmann. I'm use your library on board HY-MiniSTM32V (STM32F103 + ILI9325 + ADS7843). Thank you for your great work. To learn how to work with your library, I used the uGFX-Studio 0.15. But now I can't run this version, it is give me error message "This test version has expired...". Can you give link on uGFX-Studio 2.0?

Thank you

P.S. I found some issues in driver for ILI9325 - in initialization code and in landscape orientation.