Kb1gtt

Studio and graphs

Can uGFX Studio do graphs yet? I found the below link, which notes that it may come out some day. I currently have version 0.15. 

I also wanted to say great library. I'm pleasantly surprised by how much I can do with pretty much no feedback. The documentation and general code style has been good enough that a lesser experienced programmer like myself was able to get it up and running with out any real issues and with almost no help from the folks in the forum. That's great, and good job, keep up the good work. 

Not yet. Studio is still a Beta product and is currently undergoing significant changes before the next release.

Currently there is lots of uGFX functionality that is not available yet in Studio.

We are glad that you found the uGFX experience a good one.

I just saw the preview video of 0.20. Looks like some nice improvements are coming. 

I should also offer some feedback about the min screen size, I seem to have a problem on my laptop with 0.15. My laptop max resolution is 1280 X 800, which is too small. The studio clips off the bottom edge of the screen. I could perhaps push my windows bar off the bottom to get it to just barely fit, but it would be handy if I could scale in the vertical as well as the horizontal to make it fit the screen. 

On 11/10/2016 at 00:37, Joel Bodenmann said:

Thank you for bringing this sizing issue to our attention. We'll keep it in mind for the 0.20 release.

Hey, whats'up?

What is planned release date?

Joel and I have just come off a very busy period in our real jobs. Christmas is fun, it gives us time to work on some of the backlog of ugfx work.

As a result over the last week or so Joel has made major progress with Studio 0.20 (or whatever it gets called). It has major underlying technology changes in it such as using dynamic compilation and using the ugfx library itself to render in the editor. The amount of work is staggering but Joel is making great progress. Joel is also currently setting up a new office in Switzerland so he has been very busy.

I am sure at some stage soon he will announce his intended schedule with Studio.

Similarly I have been spending the Christmas break working on new stuff for ugfx. My area of concentration has been on the future api and technology enhancements to the library itself. Technologies include things such as...

- User code extensions in the library

- Non threaded operation

- Complex shaped clipping regions

- Single file make for everything including drivers

- A single drawing canvas where physical displays or pixmaps can overlap any part thereby allowing display clones and other cool features

- Simplified driver interface

- A cross platform IO api

- Improvements to code size and ram usage

- Better configuration tools

- Improved drawing algorithms.

Etc etc.

@inmarket pretty much said everything there is to say. I'm really just writing this so you guys know that I'm still alive ;)

Christmas is quite a big deal for us as it's the time during which all of our commercial customers keep quite for at least a week (most for two weeks). This gives us a lot of time to do all those things we should have been doing for ages. However, the first week of the Christmas vacation is usually dominated by having dinner with friends & families and so on.

Also, we are currently expanding and we got a new office. It takes quite a few days of full-time work to get everything setup and a few more days until regular work can continue. Doing this during this time of the year is just the best possible time period for us as we don't have to worry about phone calls and e-mails from commercial customers with support contracts.

The new µGFX-Studio is processing nicely. We managed to put a few days of work into it before we started moving to the new office. We managed to get the code generator up and running. It's not finished yet but the code it produces is usable. It will probably take one or two more weeks until the code generator is finished to a state where we'd be comfortable of using it for a primary public alpha/beta of the new µGFX-Studio.
It's really hard to say as everything depends on how much work load we get from customer projects but we're looking forward releasing a test version within the next two months.

Thanks for detailed info and congrats with New \x32\x30\x31\x37 :)))

My Christmas were productive as well :)

Developing motorcycle g-force and lean angles monitor

IMAG0973.jpg

IMAG0974.jpg

Very nice!
I guess after a few custom rendering functions or even custom widgets that application will look awesome! You might want to check out the custom dial example as a rough idea for the widget in your lower right corner: 

Note that you can make things look better easily. We are simply not designers. Making stuff look nice on a visual level is simply not part of our skill set.

Thank you for sharing your work with us. We always love seeing what people make with µGFX.

Yea, I already saw this widget. But at this phase, main goal is to read all sensors, setup drivers and define architecture of  monitoring. Second step is nicer graphics ;)