Shiv.Mahadevappa

Preview Generator

Hi, 

I'm with win 7 pro 64. I've done everything about installing the cygwin and setting the path in environmental variables and in the uGFX Studio.

Preview generator doesn't work for me. uGFX Studio is v.015. See the attached pictures, please. 

uGFX_Studio.png

uGFX_Studio_1.png

According to the compiler output it doesn't find one of the makefiles that is part of the µGFX library itself. This indicates that the path to the µGFX library that you can set in the "Library" tab of the "Preferences" dialog isn't valid. Can you please check the path and ensure that the library is found? The line edit that allows entering the path to the library should turn red when you modify it and it doesn't find the library.
You can also just check the "Use built-in library" checkbox to use the library that came as part of the µGFX-Studio download.

The Library is selected "Use built-in library", but it suddenly start working :) , What I've done:

- In Preferences>Built I pressed "Restore" and then

- Edited the path again, because I've installed cygwin in D:

- OK and it is working now 

Glad to hear that you got it working!

Note that in the screenshot you posted above you still selected the built-in Cygwin installation as the default one. This means that all compilation happens through the minimal Cygwin distribution that came as part of the µGFX-Studio download.
If you want to use your own Cygwin installation, you have to select the "Cygwin 64-Bit" preset, modify the path to the Cygwin installation directory (as you did correctly in the screenshot) but also select that as the default build preset using the "Default" button on the left side.

O, yes. Now I see. At least understand what happened.

I forgot to tell you that before I pressed "Restore", I pressed "Default", which did the job. :) 

Maybe it will be better if the Studio is set by default (at installation) to use the built in cygwin. 

5 minutes ago, wctltya said:

Maybe it will be better if the Studio is set by default (at installation) to use the built in cygwin.

That should be the case. It should use both the built-in cygwin as well as the built-in µGFX library.
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We'll look into it. Feel free to create a bug report.