STM32F746 Discovery with latest uGFX & ChibiOS

Stewels

Hi

I've been trying unsuccesfully for two days to compile uGFX and ChibiOS together using the latest versions from the git repos. It seems like a simple problem: the compiler reports that the gfxsem and bool_t types are not defined. But they are clearly defined in gos.h and I have not been able to find it the cause of the errors... Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

There are several errors all related to the undefined types, here is the first one shown in the console output:

Compiling gfx.c
In file included from ../../lib_ext/ugfx/src/../src/gos/gos.h:462:0,
                 from ../../lib_ext/ugfx/src/../gfx.h:206,
                 from ../../lib_ext/ugfx/src/gfx.c:16:
../../lib_ext/ugfx/src/../src/gos/gos_chibios.h:117:17: error: unknown type name 'gfxSem'
 void gfxSemInit(gfxSem *psem, semcount_t val, semcount_t limit);

I'm using the latest version of ChibiStudio, and the trunks from both ChibiOS and ugfx repos. Attached is also the makefile, which is basically a combination of the ChibiOS+lwip+FatFS makefile and the one provided by ugfx for the STM32F746 Disco. As a note, I did the same about 4 months ago and that compiled without any issues.

Thanks in advance!

Makefile-stm32f746_discovery

Hello @Stewels and welcome to the µGFX community!

I took a look at your makefile and this is wrong:

# GFX files.
include $(GFXLIB)/tools/gmake_scripts/library_ugfx.mk
include $(GFXLIB)/tools/gmake_scripts/os_chibios_git.mk

Please follow this guide to add µGFX to your existing ChibiOS project: https://wiki.ugfx.io/index.php/Using_ChibiOS/RT

Hi Joel

Thanks for the response, but I already tried that and got exactly the same result! Just out of interest, the lines of code above I got from the makefile at \ugfx\boards\base\STM32F746-Discovery\example_chibios3.

But just to be 100% sure, I again followed the guide you linked to the letter and attached is the resulting Makefile and gfxconf.h files. The first error output that I get is still:

In file included from ../../lib_ext/ugfx/src/../src/gos/gos.h:462:0,
                 from ../../lib_ext/ugfx/src/../gfx.h:206,
                 from ../../lib_ext/ugfx/src/gfx.c:16:
../../lib_ext/ugfx/src/../src/gos/gos_chibios.h:117:17: error: unknown type name 'gfxSem'
 void gfxSemInit(gfxSem *psem, semcount_t val, semcount_t limit);
                 ^~~~~~

So exactly the same problem. Any ideas please?

Thanks

Adriaan

Makefile-stm32f746_discovery

gfxconf.h

• 7 months later...
On 12/11/2017 at 01:20, Joel Bodenmann said:

Can you please provide a ZIP containing your entire ChibiOS project so we can have a go on it ourselves?
We haven't had any problems at all with using µGFX with ChibiOS and neither did anybody else - this has to be something very small in the build setup :)

Hi.

These errors occur for ChibiOS / RT, versions more than 4. Because version it is rigidly declared in the file gos_chibios.h and gos_chibios.c.

Thank you