STM32f4 discovery board.

Mutasim

Hello,

I am using STM32f4 discovery board, expansion board, and DM-LCD35RT and I am wondering if this ugfx_studio will support my LCD and will help me to program it. If not, can I design and copy the codes and past it in my project? 

Hello @Mutasim,

The µGFX-Studio doesn't care about your hardware. The code it generates is high-level µGFX application code and therefore completely portable.
It is correct that you can just copy-paste the generated code into your existing project - that is the intended way of using it. We even support post-generation scripts to automate this step.

On March 6, 2017 at 22:15, Joel Bodenmann said:

Hello @Mutasim,

The µGFX-Studio doesn't care about your hardware. The code it generates is high-level µGFX application code and therefore completely portable.
It is correct that you can just copy-paste the generated code into your existing project - that is the intended way of using it. We even support post-generation scripts to automate this step.

I am Electrical engineering student and I do not know a lot about coding so I tried to run it but it did not works and my friend who's a computer science saying that the make files is not completed 

The makefile is complete. There's the OPT_OS variable in there which will be used to include the proper operating system specific makefile at the bottom:

include $(GFXLIB)/tools/gmake_scripts/os_$(OPT_OS).mk

All you have to do is downloading the appropriate version of ChibiOS adjusting the GFXLIB and CHIBIOS paths in the makefile and you should be able to build a demo for that board using µGFX + ChibiOS.
If you don't want to use our own high-level makefiles you can just add the necessary things to the ChibiOS makefile which is explained here: https://wiki.ugfx.io/index.php/Using_ChibiOS/RT

Note that you're not forced to use ChibiOS at all. µGFX runs with any underlying system or none at all (baremetal). It's just what the example uses you're referring too.

Another thing: Please don't always quote the entire previous forum post you're replying to unless you're referring to just a specific bit or an older forum post. It's very difficult to read the topic otherwise. You can just reply without any quote.