STM32F746-disco + ChibiOS

cpu20

I have updated the uGFX repository with the changes and updated it so that it also has a better chance of working reliably across other OS's.

Thank-you very much @cpu20 for the hard work. I have also incorporated your ChibiOS 'git' version make changes (although with a slight modification so that the ChibiOS version has to explicitly be set to git in the makefile).

Thank you a lot, really! We appreciate your work.
I'm also very thankful that you deleted the repository as these kind of "manual forks" pose a problem for us.

If you like working on things like that... There's still the driver for the STM32F469i Discovery board that you can find here on the forum that is not part of the official repository yet. The reason for that is that the driver that two or three people of this community created only works in video mode, not in the adaptive command mode which would be "better".

That is a nice development board! Maybe I'll be buying it in the future to debug on it. But for now I don't have anything I need from Farnell.

I read the forum thread about the board, but I could not find any files that were created already. Could you send them to me? I'll try to look into it and see what I can do.

16 minutes ago, cpu20 said:

That is a nice development board! Maybe I'll be buying it in the future to debug on it. But for now I don't have anything I need from Farnell.

We're happy to provide you with one - we really appreciate the time you put into this ChibiOS issue. Please don't hesitate to PM me in case of you're interested.

15 minutes ago, cpu20 said:

I read the forum thread about the board, but I could not find any files that were created already. Could you send them to me? I'll try to look into it and see what I can do.

As far as I'm informed the latest state are these files in this forum post:

9 hours ago, cpu20 said:

I do happen to own one, and I would be very interested in getting uGFX to work on it. So any testing on it is possible if you need it. (heck, I can even hook it up to a computer with tools and ssh access). But I'll try to help too, if I can up my understanding of the inners of uGFX !

12 hours ago, Tuetuopay said:

I do happen to own one, and I would be very interested in getting uGFX to work on it.

As @inmarket mentioned the files from the forum post linked above are definitely working. It's just that it's using the video mode instead of the adaptive command mode. That is not even hacky - it's just a different mode. µGFX would benefit from using the adaptive command mode, that would increase the performance and free system resources compared to the video mode.

12 hours ago, Tuetuopay said:

But I'll try to help too, if I can up my understanding of the inners of uGFX !

In this case it's really just about the GDISP driver, not the rest of µGFX. Therefore, that might be a really good way to start the dive into µGFX as the driver is somewhat "isolated" and the interface is well documented. However, you'll still learn a lot about how the GDISP module works and from there the journey can continue ;) 

As always: Any help is highly welcomed.