STM32F7DISC + ChibiOS_v161 + uGFX_v27 ?

Guest bus710

Hi all,

I very appreciate this amazing embedded GUI toolkit in F/OSS world.

This posting is written under my simple curiosity - "is the combination (STM32F7 + ChibiOS_v161 + uGFX_v27) working?".

It seems that you guys even dissembled the display to check Rocktech's LCD I/O and the current example for ChibiOS3 depends on ST's baremetal HAL driver.

If this is still an on-going task, I want to learn what is the best to way to involve. (Though I am a super newbie so that I am not sure if I can really contribute....)

I have the board, compiling ChibiOS_v161 for STM32f7 seems fine. Now I am checking some codes.

- ugfx\src\gos_chibios.h/c

- ugfx\drivers\gdisp\STM32LTD\*

- ugfx\boards\base\STM32F746-Discovery\*

- ugfx\boards\base\STM32F746-Discovery\example_chibios3\*

So is this about matching ChibiOS APIs and GOS? (also some LCD initialization step was mentioned in the previous discussion.)

I am afraid if I can envision the issue well.

Please give me a guide.

Thanks,

Hello and welcome to the µGFX community!

On 1/10/2017 at 18:08, Guest bus710 said:

So is this about matching ChibiOS APIs and GOS?

GOS (the core part of µGFX) works on ChibiOS without any issues at all, not changes or tweaks required - it just runs out of the box.

On 1/10/2017 at 18:08, Guest bus710 said:

is the combination (STM32F7 + ChibiOS_v161 + uGFX_v27) working?

Yes, that combination is working. We have several customers and even community members here who are running that setup. However, the board files for the display that come as part of the µGFX library are incompatible with the ST headers that are used by ChibiOS. Unfortunately we still didn't get to updating the board files as we are literally drowning in work.
It works well but you have to modify the board files slightly. This can be done by simply following the compiler errors.
It is important that you understand that µGFX runs on ChibiOS out of the box without modifications. It's really just the specific board files of the STM32F746G-Discovery board that are slightly incompatible. Even the actual display driver is running - just the board files are a small problem.

Our community member @Smd has this setup running and he wanted to share his modified board files so we can include it as part of the official library. However, he's unfortunately very busy lately with his company and he simply couldn't get the time to clean them up. Maybe we can get him to provide us with some un-cleaned-up board files ;) 

Joel, 

Awesome....!

So happy to hear that he has the solution... 

I will be looking forward the solution and hopefully I can participated the uGFX community with my own application in the future.

Thanks for you, Smd, and the community,