8-bit parallel touch screen lcd

ep.hobbyiest

There are plenty to choose from, of course. However, one of my personal favorites is this one. The same module is available with lower resolutions and other configuration options. I could link a dozen more display modules like that but at the end it also depends on factors like how many you need (eg. is this a hobby project?), whether price is an issue, whether it's used in daylight or not and so on.

Another display driver that is very well supported by µGFX is the SSD1963. The same manufacturer/supplier from my first link also has display modules with that display controller.

One very important thing I'd like to tell you is that you definitely must connect that display controller via the FSMC peripheral to your microcontroller. Otherwise you have to bit-bang the interface which is a HUGE performance drop both in terms of frame rate and CPU.
I would furthermore also recommend you to rethink whether you really want to go with an 8-bit parallel interface. Almost certainly you will be using an RGB565 color format which means that every pixel is two bytes large. This means for every pixel you have to push 16-bits. When using an 8-bit parallel interface this means that you have to perform two write cycles for just one pixel. Due to timing constrains such as bus setup times, hold times and so on you are not only two times faster with a 16-bit interface but actually more than two times.

My personal recommendation:

• RA8875 or SSD1963 display controller
  • 16-Bit parallel interface connected to F(S)MC of STM32
  • Capacitive touchscreen if you can afford it