Need a project

nimaltd

Hello and welcome to the community!

We don't have any ready-to-download example project for that configuration. However, you should be able to get it done anyway as everything is supported out of the box: µGFX comes with a built-in driver for the SSD1289 that is fairly well tested. µGFX comes with a well-tested port for FreeRTOS. µGFX is known to work very well on an STM32F407.

I'd recommend you to search for a working STM32F407 project that uses FreeRTOS. I am sure you'll find plenty of those. If anything, you can use STM32Cube to generate one as it includes support for the FreeRTOS middle-ware.
After you have a working project all you have to do is adding µGFX to it by following our guide.

Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any other questions or if there's need to clarify something. We are happy to help wherever we can.

You have to copy the file gfxconfig.example.h which you can find in the root directory of the uGFX library to your project and rename it to gfxconfig.h.

You can find additional information about this in the documentation. Specifically these two articles:

Can you tell us what you're not understanding? We are happy to help wherever we can but we need to know what the problem is.

You can find many examples of configuration files in the /demos directory of the µGFX library and the download section on this website: https://community.ugfx.org/files/
This article shows all possible configuration options and links you to the corresponding parts of the documentation that explain them: http://wiki.ugfx.org/index.php/Configuration

Note that the display driver that you want to use (eg. SSD1289 in your case) is not part of the configuration file. You add it by simply linking against it.
In case of you're using the Makefile build systems you can simply include the drivers makefile:

include $(GFXLIB)/drivers/gdisp/SSD1289/driver.mk

Besides the part for the GOS module the configuration file doesn't contain any platform specific configuration. That's why you can use a tool like the µGFX-Studio to automatically generate the configuration file for you.

Its Enable in config file. but do not show .

no problem.

its not important for me. I want use fatfs for show image.

I use stm32cube . Fatfs impliment in stm32Cube and work .

I cant use 2 fatfs library in project .  1 ) how I use My fatfs in ugfx . 

Are you able to drawing anything else on your display?
If the startup logo doesn't show up when GDISP_NEED_STARTUP_LOGO is set to TRUE this most likely indicates that the display isn't working at all. This can either be a physical issue (eg. wiring) or an error in your board file.

The µGFX library includes its own copy of the FatFS library for compatibility reasons and for ease of update. If you don't want to replace the actual FatFS directory in the /3rdparty directory of the µGFX library (which we don't recommend) we'd suggest you use the one provided by µGFX. You can access the built-in FatFS library from outside the µGFX library without any problems. Note that we strongly recommend to ALWAYS use the high-level API provided by the GFILE module. This keeps your application portable, allows you to use multiple file systems at once and brings a few other advantages.

I think may be enable some other functions to enable ,if want to display startup logo.  

When you update Ugfx studio ?

There is a lot of imperfect options for button,slider and other. 

I dont find releas or press event for button and more. 

Thanks for your support. 

I used stemwin before .

Sorry for my english. 

Edited by nimaltd

14 hours ago, nimaltd said:

I think may be enable some other functions to enable ,if want to display startup logo.  

There's no other dependencies for the startup logo. The logo is very crude as it's drawn with nothing but rectangles to ensure that it doesn't take up any code space and that it works on any platforms. If the GDISP module is enabled, the startup logo will show when GDISP_NEED_STARTUP_LOGO is set to TRUE.

14 hours ago, nimaltd said:

When you update Ugfx studio ?

There is a lot of imperfect options for button,slider and other. 

I dont find releas or press event for button and more. 

The µGFX-Studio is currently in beta and that for good reason: As you mentioned it's far from complete. Right now the µGFX-Studio is useful as a layouting and prototyping tool to get started quickly. Both the download page AND the "New Project Wizard" inform you that the µGFX-Studio is far from complete and not meant to be used in a productive environment.
We are working on the µGFX-Studio but right now it has lower priority than the µGFX library itself. We are happy to hear your feedback, bug reports and feature suggestions in the corresponding µGFX-Studio forum thread: https://community.ugfx.org/topic/371-release-beta-v014/
After all the more user feedback we get the more we'll put time into it.

2 hours ago, nimaltd said:

I have a big problem to config my own fatfs to ugfx.

What problems are you facing? You need to give a lot more information than just "I am having a problem" or "It doesn't work" in order for us being able to help you.
As mentioned in the previous post you might want to start off using the built-in FatFS module to ensure that everything is working. Then, if you want to replace it with a different version, just replace the FatFS directory under /3rdparty. Depending on the changes to that version you will have to slightly modify/update the FatFS wrapper which you can find in /src/gfile/gfile_fats_wrapper.[ch].

My english is not good. 

I make a project and enable startup logo and enable gdisp. 

My menu and button and startup calibration work.  But do not show logo yet. 

I sent my project befor. 

Anyway.  I use stm32cube and enable fatfs on cube wizard.  

I cant replace fatfs in 2 place.  

1. I need user defind file system to port ugfx with my file system. 

2. Can i show raw rgb data from camera to lcd?

Rgb888

1 hour ago, nimaltd said:

My menu and button and startup calibration work.  But do not show logo yet. 

I just checked your project configuration: The reason you don't see the startup logo is because the startup logo is drawn using a white color. Your startup color is white too so you just don't see it :P
Note: You should take the gfxconfig.h file out of the uGFX library directory and place it in your Inc directory. It's part of YOUR project, not of the uGFX library. If you want to update to a different uGFX version in the future you just want to replace the uGFX directory. If you'd do that now, you'd loose your configuration file.

1. I need user defind file system to port ugfx with my file system. 

I'm sorry but I don't understand your question regarding the FatFS. Can you please explain what issues you are facing? My previous post contained the information what you have to do.

2. Can i show raw rgb data from camera to lcd?

Yes, it's possible to dump raw pixel data anywhere on the display. You can do that by using the gdispBlitArea() function. For more advanced needs, you might want to consider the use of pixmaps.
Note that the pixel buffer you pass to the gdispBlitArea() function needs to use the same pixel format as your display driver. Therefore, if your display driver is not using RGB888 you will have to convert the pixel format prior to calling gdispBlitArea().

Another option with the raw rgb if the pixel format does not match your display is to put a windows bmp header on the front of it. You can then use the ugfx image support to display your image. Windows bmp format is the easiest to create from raw rgb values as it is flexible in pixel format and doesn't require compression.

I must be try it late. my camera module dos not work yet . I have a problem with drive it .

gfx studio have some problem .

1) when I push generate button on studio , for first time do not create all file  at output folder. I must push for 2 times.

2) some times Simulator can't run .

3) rtos and some function must be exist in gfxconfig.h at output folder .

I must copy past generated config into my config file.

4) text dose not have color option on studio on selected window.

5) I cant create a child window ,smaller than main window . like message box.

thanks a lot..

6) in ssd1963 board file , dose not have setreadmode() , setwritemode() , read_data() function . I add manually .

compiler got error if not exist this 3 function. 

Edited by nimaltd

in gaudio_play_vs1053 : 

static void cmd_write(uint16_t addr, uint16_t data) {
    char  buf[4];                  <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<     you define char  .  compiler warning  . must be uint8_t
    buf[0] = 2;
    buf[1] = (char)addr;
    buf[2] = (char)(data >> 8);
    buf[3] = (char)data;

waitforready();
    board_startcmdwrite();
    board_spiwrite(buf, 4);
    board_endcmdwrite();
}

in gaudio_play_board     include  >>  #include <stdbool.h>   .    for return data req pin

I have problem again.

1) sometimes I change value in studio . but not save. 

2) please see stm32cube wizard .  when change somethings in studio , and generate code , the wizard keep your code . 

// put code here begin 

.... user code here ....

//put your code end

3) in many function when use GQUEUE , my micro go to Hang ... ASSERT LOOP 

1) You need to be more verbose. Please tell us exactly which values aren't saved properly and we'll take care of it.

2) That kind of behavior is not as easy to implement as it might look. The current solution is to properly split up the code into individual files. Also note that you can invoke custom scripts after the code generation. Many people use these to modify the generated code and to copy things around. You can find more information about post-generation scripts here: https://community.ugfx.org/articles.html/ugfx-studio/post-generation-scripts-r3/

I'd also like to take the opportunity to link to an article that our community member @king2 wrote where he explains how he works with the µGFX-Studio. He's a professional and explains how he optimized his workflow: 

Please leave any further feedback regarding the µGFX-Studio in the corresponding thread that you can find here: