KS108 or HD61202 Driver

Fede

hi all,

as first thing I would like to say thanks to Tectu for the awesome works done in this project. congrats...

Please could you say if are supported these driver KS108 or HD61202?

If not, how much is difficult to add the KS108 to the project? what is the best way to do it?

Thank you in advance for your help

Fede

Welcome to the community and thank you very much for your kind words! Let's keep in mind that the quality and the success of the projects depends a lot on contributions from community members as well :)

There's currently no driver for the KS108 display controllers. It shouldn't be a big problem to write one yourself. I'd suggest you to take the SSD1306 driver as a template because this is a monochrome display driver as well. I assume that the used interface is similar to the HD44780 (TDISP module) driver (16-bit parallel with WR/RD). Therefore you could have a look at that to get an idea on how to implement the interface.

The forum is always available for questions, should you face any problems.

One last thing: µGFX 2.0 is supposed to be released within a week or two. There are critical changes to the GDISP driver structure. Therefore I'd suggest you to directly write your driver for that new structure. For that, just take the GDISPStreaming branch, instead of the master branch from the repository.

~ Tectu

I forgot to say that i need to use the GLCD with chibios and stm32F4 MCU? anything changes?

steps:

1) Create a new folder under gdisp called KS108 using the SSD1306 as template and modify it... also updating the makefile

2) Create a gdisp_lld_board_stm32f4 using the tdisp_f4_discovery example as template

3) KS108 is a 8-bit parallel with WR/RD... I had found this project that maybe it will helpful http://en.radzio.dxp.pl/ks0108/

4) get lucky? :)

Thanks & Good Night

That sounds about right. However, you'll have to create a file called board_KS108 instead of the gdisp_lld_board.h when you're using the new GDISP structure - which I highly recommend (you'll see that by looking at the SSD1306 from the GDISPStreaming branch as well). When you don't use that branch, your driver won't work with anything after µGFX v1.9.

The project you linked seems about right to get some information about how to talk to the display. However, make sure you're not violating any licenses.

~ Tectu